RESULTS ARE IN! Thanks for voting for your favorite pant style

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED.

We all have our go-to pants and in July, our designers asked what was your favorite: flare pants, straight leg pants, joggers, or tights. You all answered and here is the feedback we heard. Out of 97 votes...

10% voted Flare Pants

14% voted Straight Leg Pants

41% voted Joggers

35% voted Tights

We also heard loud and clear that pockets are a must to hold everything you need! Thank you all for voting. Our designers are always ready for feedback, so look out for the next poll!

Our Athleta designers are busy designing new pants for you. What have you been loving or want to try out? Comment A/B/C below, or D if you can't get enough of your tried and true tights. Let us know! The design team thanks you in advance for your feedback 😊

A. The Flare B. Straight leg - all day everyday C. Joggers - style and comfort D. Tights - can never have too many!
Unknown-8.jpeg Unknown-5.jpeg Unknown-7.jpeg Unknown-6.jpeg 

97 REPLIES 97

Careannie

I love all of the styles but if I'm buying a pair of bottoms they need side pockets or I will not purchase them. I love to change up styles and love pants that are comfortable and milit use.

I agree, side pockets or they dont go in my closet

Miashell

I live in my Salutation Joggers, and would love a similar jogger style in a denser material for cooler weather. The flare syle in petite XL would be awesome! (More Petite XL pant styles, please!)

100% agree.  I am all about joggers.  Need joggers for cooler weather.  Also bring back more crop joggers for spring.  I would prefer casual joggers for running errands, not workout/tights-style joggers.  Would you consider doing upscale joggers in cashmere or faux suede? 

AmyP

I like the flare but I agree with the above comment about pockets. I only end up wearing pants with pockets, especially the yoga pants so I can exercise and bring my phone/keys/etc. 

mbelman23

C and D - but for different ocassions! And agree that pockets are a must and good stretch regardless.

ycats

C-joggers

JennZee

B and C - yes to pockets!

Suz312

D, Tights. But I prefer performance/workout tights, not yoga/movement tights. You seem to have less of the former lately. 
thx

Agree. And my tights need to have pockets as well. No pockets=no buy

C & D - as previous post. Need functional pockets. 

I love D the most and C second.  Pockets are a must for both styles. 

Shell

C and D! 

ChristyKam

The Athleta joggers are to die for. I've tried on joggers from all different brands, including many of the top athletic brands, and their joggers all look so slouchy and mostly like sweatpants. I love that the Athleta joggers are comfy but still look nice - like you're just casually dressed... not like you live in your mom's basement and crawled out into public. They are perfect for a rest day or when I'm teaching my dance classes so I can still look nice while I'm comfortable at the same time. I own them in black in two different fabrics, the camo, and a few of the more dress pants patterns. Love them all and wear them frequently!

Beth

The joggers are great. Pockets are a big, big plus. Nice color choices would be excellent. I get in a very serious rut of black leggings! 

SSF

B and C. I agree with importance of pockets. I also appreciate a diverse color selection.

Nuks37

Tights always, but 1-2 pairs of flares in my closet 

ruthmwa

C and D, though joggers are my go-to for just about everything. Athleta has enough styles and fabrics to make them easy to dress up or down in just about any weather. I do, however, love the Cabo linen textured wide-leg pants - they are now my summer favorites. And yes, pockets.

Jessyjess31

C!

D and C!

I used to live in my salutation tights but since I had my son, it's joggers all day everyday!

Trainliketara

I love all my Athleta joggers but only if they have zippers on the pockets. I hate worrying if my phone or keys will spill out. 

Love all my tights, especially the high waisted Elations with the rear pockets. I’m over side pockets. Side pockets are convenient but not flattering. The rear pocket has become my new favorite way to store my phone! 

Ohhhhh… I somehow have missed these- glad you commented, I’ll be looking for rear pockets.

Usgoalie

C for relaxing and running errands and D for working out! In Tall.

Suanne

B !!  I love straight leg and in petite since I'm 5'2.  flares are nice but some are just to much material for me.  thanks 

CathM1956

I like pants the best.  Preferably, some thing with some nice tailored accents: pin-tucks, texture, inset fabric on outside seam.  Tall sizes too.  Tall sizes are how I found Athleta and why I keep coming back.

Shellergy

C & D!! Joggers for lounging/errands and D for workouts/anything active! Ditto on pockets and more colors! 

RCoakley

Love them all! 

CMermaid

I like C. joggers with pockets (or D. tights with pockets). Could you make more of the shorter capri-length joggers in cotton sweatpant fabric for summer? (I have capri length joggers in sweatpant fabric from a few years ago that are still wonderful - I did not love the fabric on the capri length joggers that came out this year).

CortexCuisine

Joggers or tights

DebZ

D!  And I will echo what others have said- I would love pockets in my tights 🙂

Alex

C, with cargo pockets and available in tall, please. 

Jaycal3

D

jenlo114

B

C &D are my favorite, flattering and pockets - yes please!

lovinlifeJill

C

melaniepaul

D is my favorite and powervita is my number 1 without a doubt!  I would love to see tights with a scalloped bottom.  🙂

msctchr

C and D!

Rachaelyay

I was a big fan of the thicker tights, the champions. I can't remember exactly. But I do love a great jogger with slimmer features, flat waistband and ankles. They are so versatile. 

Stephanie

D is my go to, but I wouldn’t mind adding more of C to my closet.