Kickstart your week with the Walk It Out Challenge

AthletaWellTeam
Community Manager

At AthletaWell, walking is one of our favorite ways to move! It’s accessible, it’s calming, and it’s something you can do every day. In fact, we challenge you to do just that with our Walk It Out Challenge.  

Starting on Monday 4/18, our Guides are bringing you audio and video content to help you get outside and reconnect with yourself and nature. From power walking to moving meditation, we’re bringing you something new every day of the week, so stay tuned and keep coming back to the Walk It Out Space for all the inspiration you need. You’ll also have the chance to enter daily giveaways to reward yourself for your commitment to wellness. Check back in on Monday when the first resource drops!

Download the Walk It Out Daily Challenge Tracker to keep yourself accountable and mark your progress throughout the week!

0418_AW_EarthMonth_IGS_08.jpg

What do you love most about walking? What walking goals would you like to achieve this week? Share with us by commenting below! 

27 REPLIES 27

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

So excited for next week! I used to love walking with my family everyday, I'm excited to pick that back up ❤️

cbadarac

I especially enjoy walking with a friend to take advantage of the time to connect and enjoy each other's company. 

DebMarPir

I used to walk about five horus a week, it was really relaxing for me. Then, I got plantar fasciitis and now I'm scared to walk that much anymore. But I need to do the opposite, walk or exercise small amounts, as I now have fibromyalgia. Large amounts and I find I have backlash. So I will use parts of this to get me going this season - not power walking maybe, but just some slow walking. Thank you for getting us energized! If I do well day one, I will do a little more day 2, etc.  But I have to take it at my own pace.

Hi DenMarPir I used to get plantar fasciitis and a trainer friend of mine suggested rolling a tiger tail with my feet (alternating) after walking/running. Also kneading the bottom of your feet with your knuckles is helpful. Completely took care of that for me! Wish you well!

Thank you! I did therapy and the frozen cold bottle rolled under my arches, but I got banned from doing it - the therapist said I rolled way too hard and was hurting the feet more. I got this five times, each time worse, had to do injections with the therapy, etc. I tried night splints and things that maybe helps some and even a type of surgery where they poke holes in the fascia. Nothing helped... until I found shoes with springs in them. Now when I start to feel it, I put the shoes on and it goes away. The last time I almost didn't get rid of it. Also good is stretching your calves on the steps, where you let your heels drop down. This muscle is relaxed to the plantar issue. I hope you stay healthy, too!

I broke my wrist and had surgery 2 weeks ago. I’m super active and this put a huge cramp in my lifestyle ☹️ I’ve also been wanting to get out in nature a bit more so this was timely 💕

Margo57

Since the start of the pandemic, I walk 4-6 miles a day. I’m 75 and am a widow and walking has kept me sane. I’ve come to appreciate nature as I never did before. 

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing with us @Margo57, so glad to hear you've been connecting with nature! I hope you find some great resources next week and join the challenge 😊

StylishNC

Me me me time! Its the best time to focus on me!!

LJ1221

I Love to be outside when the weather is Beautiful!! It gives me more energy to get moving!! I want to get back into a walking routine. 

Lisa711
I’d like to commit to an extra mile every day. I’m already active but an extra 10 pounds has crept up on me. Time to add a little extra movement and look at my eating habits. This challenge is perfect to help me get in more steps.

_eugenia_

Perfect timing for a walking challenge! I am 10 weeks postpartum and have been building my strength to work out more and more every day. Yoga & walking are keeping me sane and active with this bebe. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for next week as a change of pace

JustDes

It’s spring break with a 3 and 6 year old so getting outside is exactly what we need to do.  Looking forward to it!

llharlin

I love being outside and the social interaction when I walk with friends.  Not only is walking a great, but it’s a free therapy session with my buddies.  I always feel lighter when we’ve finished.  

good friends are definitely the best therapy ❤️ So blessed you are to have that!   I used to do that with my sister, best times 💕

Clbennett22

I am looking forward to the walking challenge. Walking is a great way to destress, catch up with friends, or simply take the time to enjoy nature.  Let’s do this! 

So true!!! 

AmiraA

I look forward to to walking it out. This is a much needed way to help us move, de-stress & reconnect with nature. 

Jojo3

I LOVE walking!!!  I honestly do it every day!!  I have a 2 year old GSP that is FILLED with energy so walking her is a MUST!!  I also started playing golf, and instead of taking a cart, I walk 9 nine holes.  (This also helps me walk off all my frustration!! ) As far as goals?  I just want to keep it up!!  When my kids come home from college, I like to take them on walks to help talk about their semester or whatever is on their mind, they usually don't want to go, but are always happy they did!

famglam413

I used to love walking around my neighborhood, but now find myself making excuses as to why I "can't" go. I am still working out at home, but I cannot wait to get back outside next week and start walking again!

Laurela

I love walking but always think of it as “all or nothing”. If I can’t walk a couple of miles, then why do it? I think my goal this week is just to get out every afternoon….do the 15 min challenges and make getting out…(not accomplishing a distance)

Laurela, I am the same mentality "all or nothing" which has just sent me into a downward spiral. Now I am trying to change my mindset with baby steps so I too am striving just to get out regardless of the distance and work from there. But for me goal is to walk outside for 15mins each day and proceed from there.

Heather_C
Guide
Guide

Got out for the first walk of the challenge today with the dog! Going for another one this afternoon for a little work break and dose of sunshine!. 🙂 A goal for this week is to try out a new route to get out of my routine!

Reenie

Being outside, away from the computer screen.

Nardonejc

I love that I can breathe fresh air and have small talk with my daughter during our walks as well as observe the nature around me.  I would like to walk everyday after lunch for 10-15minutes.  

jazz5

I love to walk. It brings me joy and peace to be surrounded by nature. For me it is meditation.

FitNYC

I really enjoyed my brisk walk today. It turned from bright & sunny to dark & rainy, I took shelter for a bit & the rain stopped & the sun came back out again. I normally dread being caught in the rain, but today I decided to just welcome it since those April showers are necessary for the May flowers.