Yoga 101
389 Members | 12 Conversations
Strengthen your practice with must-try yoga flows and tips to get you started.

EXPLORE

NEW WORKOUT CLASSES FROM OBÉ

The holidays are nearly here and it’s important to keep prioritizing you amongst the hustle and bustle!

Check out 12 all-new workouts from obé Fitness. From strength training to dance classes, you’ll find on-demand workouts for every fitness level and style.

Get moving now!

EXPLORE

Conversations

I injured my wrist from a fall doing another sport a few months ago, and my wrist pain hasn't fully gone away yet. Yoga has been my main way to move, and it's so good for my mental health, but I have been trying to avoid it until my wrist is better s... 

Read more

Try holding dumbbells, large enough that your knuckles aren’t touching the mat. It will keep your wrist straight. Once you can place your palms down, press the webbing between your fingers towards the front of your mat. Press into your finger pads in... 

Read more
  • 7 replies

What should I know before starting yoga in my mid 60s? I'm not sure if I'm flexible enough to do some of the moves. And what benefits do other older women find from starting yoga? 

Hi! The beauty of Yoga is that you can do many variations of yoga no matter your age, size, flexibility... I would definitely suggest taking a few yoga for beginners classes or even a workshop if there is a studio in your area offering it, or you can... 

Read more
  • 2 replies

Hey guys -As you all know, putting together a yoga class can be time consuming - developing the sequence, playlist and sutra. I currently have a situation where I teach to the same students 2 or 3 times a week. Do you find that students don't mind re... 

Read more

I have maybe 20 classes developed, and then I just rotate between them -- choosing 3 different ones each week. I find when I mention it that my students don't remember what they did the previous class. 

• 2 replies

Hello! Looking for recommendations on yoga mat that has good support for sweaty hands  let me know which one you use and for how long! 

I'm another Bmat fan. I have a strong for my studio practice and a travel one for the road. Both are great! Been using Bmat since 2016. 

• 7 replies

Do you pee when working out? Like lifting leg in yoga or jumping? Or both? Mmm hmm maybe not something you want to announce to the world, but isn’t this what AthletaWell is for? Since having a baby, I can’t do a jumping jack unless I’m wearing a pad.... 

Read more
4FF868F1-C853-4DB3-82D8-1FD679096327.jpeg

This is opposite but is it normal to have to...*poop* after doing yoga??? Right after I'm running for the bathroom! I only do yoga at home just for this reason lol 

• 11 replies

ORIGINAL PUBLICATION 7/1/21, but there's still a month left of Summer for you to use the tips below!!!****There are a lot of reasons to go outside during Summer. Add yoga to that list!Summer is officially underway, and it's a great time to take every... 

Read more
Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 7.30.06 AM.png

I find there is such a difference with moving things outside. Yoga, journaling, work calls etc. It's more enjoyable, relaxing and fun! 

• 4 replies

Hello community! I would like to ask you if you know and have tried Iyengar Yoga? Thank you.Namaste,Mariana 

I love Iyengar. Personally, I'm more of a flow gal (Vinyasa and Ashtanga), but Iyengar is so good for precision and learning detailed alignment. You get strong in ways you never imagined. Just standing in Mountain Pose! There's some amazing Iyengar l... 

Read more
  • 4 replies
NEW WORKOUT CLASSES FROM OBÉ

The holidays are nearly here and it’s important to keep prioritizing you amongst the hustle and bustle!

Check out 12 all-new workouts from obé Fitness. From strength training to dance classes, you’ll find on-demand workouts for every fitness level and style.

Get moving now!