Shout out to 20 minute workouts: re-defining my "success" measures!

Margie
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pre-Covid, and even the first many months of it, I didn’t count a “workout” if it was less than 45 minutes and/or I didn’t break a huge sweat. 

Lately, I’ve been so busy with (work… insert excuse) that I barely leave the house during the day, let alone prioritize movement. 

Yesterday took @Sarah_E ’s 20 min yoga class focused on taking up space and I felt SO GOOD. Today I rode the peloton for 20 mins, and I feel like I’m thriving, two days on a row.  

Margie_0-1625077673762.png

Anyone else find themselves changing the standard they used to set for themselves of what a “workout” is? And finding that they’re ok about breaking down this judgement?

Chime in if you’re with me! 

8 REPLIES 8

Sarah_E

Love you so much!!! Our yoga practice, can be as long or as short as we need. It could even be a single breath! So glad the class resonated. PS how hilarious was that darn plant?

Margie
Community Manager
Community Manager

<3! You were practicing what you were speaking out - taking up that space! Love the vulnerability and realness of your teachings, Sarah 🙏

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats @Margie ! I'm so glad you are celebrating your wins for what they are! A workout is whatever you want it to be, and the fact that your are redefining what that means for you is amazing. I recently signed up for the gym and I realized that I missed it so much, it felt so good to be in the space. While there, I didn't go in with any plans or goals. I went to listen to my body and I am so grateful for it. I only went as hard as my body wanted to and left when my body wanted to leave. I also didn't time how long I was there for and I'm actually glad I didn't. I found myself smiling through my mask the whole session lol. I'm with you on redefining workout-wins and I'm so happy for you ❤️

I may have to join you and @Sarah_E in her yoga classes! I'm not big on yoga, but I love working out for what it does for you mentally (stress reliever, energizer, form of meditation, etc). Updates to come 😁

danielle
Community Manager
Community Manager

I CAN SO RELATE TO THIS MARGIE!! I also haven't been able to get in the "longer" workouts that I so used to enjoy, but I have been working to prioritize 20 mins workouts a few times a week and I can feel myself getting stronger. 

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

omg yes @danielle @Margie I often make the excuse of "oh I can't workout because I only have a few minutes" or "oh I can't commit every day this week so I'll try next week". But any efforts are good efforts, and the body will thank us for it! I'm so glad Danielle that working out a few days out the week is working, that is actually my goal for this week! This really inspired me to keep going, thank you 😁

LeahS7

Would love to try that Yoga class! With everything reopening I find myself short on time too and have been finding some great short and effective workouts on YouTube! It is hard to find shorter yoga classes where I feel like I’ve gotten a good stretch so would love to try this.

Sarah_E

I would be honored if you tried it! Let me know any feedback or if there's another length class that works better, maybe I can create that for Aug or Sept!!!

kimi624

yes! this is my life. a 27 minute Obe class or 20 minute run feels like winning to me!