Your personal sleep prescription

Jamilia_B
Guide
Guide

Are you struggling to get a good night's sleep? If so, it's time to write yourself a sleep prescription! A sleep prescription is a set of rules and guidelines that you can follow to help improve your sleep. With the right sleep prescription, you can set yourself up for success and get the best night's sleep possible.

An example of creating your sleep prescription is establishing a consistent sleep schedule that you can stick to each night. For example, try to go to bed and wake up simultaneously every day. This will help your body get used to the sleep routine and make it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep.

My own sleep prescription looks like a wind down routine. Before bed, I like to dim the lights, draw a hot bath, and take some time to relax and unwind. I usually use this time to read a book or listen to a podcast. I also like to write in my journal and reflect on the day. Watch my quick video to get more of my tips for setting up your sleep environment.

Once you’ve written your prescription down in your retreat journal, tell me how you think it will set you up for your best night's sleep? Let me know down below in the comments.

4 REPLIES 4

JenniferS883

Great Info! Very important to follow!

I do have blackout shades and have changed most of my bedding to organic materials, which I love.  I read before falling asleep but have to do better about putting my phone away.

Jojo3
Superuser

@Jamilia_B - I love this!  I never thought about how a routine really helps me sleep!!  I am a creature of habit in so many ways, but especially bedtime, my routine is usually the same and has been for years.  Thank you for your tips!

KrisDesertMVMT
WellPro
WellPro

I moved my phone out of my room mid December. Found a simple alarm clock (just in case… I wake up on my own normally within 10 min or f the same time every day). I put my phone on a charger in the kitchen at 8 pm. I’m wrapping things up at least 30 min before bed with all devices and reading a bit. I also like to fall asleep to various meditations. Every little bit helps. #menopause #sleep