Recs for protein / energy bars?

aquagal49

9E9CD2F4-DB58-4A67-A7E6-BC0764115FCA.jpeg

What’s your favorite bar? Which ones are actually “healthy”? I’ve avoided processed food the past few years, but life feels like it’s getting busy again, and I need to grab and go more often. 

9 REPLIES 9

molly
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love Perfect Bars (the blueberry cashew is my favorite) — they can be found in the refrigerated section, but are fine out of the fridge for a week before eating them. I used to be an RX Bar person, but when I was opening my business I had WAY too many of them and haven't been able to look at them since. If I'm at the airport or something, I'll try to find the Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt KIND bar, which are fairly easy to come by (in California at least)! 

Very cool that they are in the refrigerated section- I will take a look 👀 thank you 😊

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

oooh! this sounds like a question for @Heather_C 🥜

oaktownish
You’re showing my favorite in your photo. The chocolate sea salt is my go to when I’m running around.

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Would love to know @Chris_F's faves! Its so hard to know what is and is not "healthy"

Chris_F
Guide
Guide

Well - I'm not really a bar person - I make my own trail mix and carry a big bag (literally - lol) around with me.  I add raw pepitos, pistachios, almonds, cacao chips and sometimes I throw in some dried apple slices or cranberries - I just eat a handful or two!!  My husband loves that I bring it when we travel - it's our go-to.   BUT - I do always get stopped by TSA - they want to look at what's in the bag and then I start a healthy eating conversation - LOL!!   ***Disclaimer - if I do buy a bar it's the RX Bar or low sugar Kind Bar.

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chris I always get stopped by TSA 🤣what is it about healthy snacks that catches their eye on and then makes them get me to unpack all my stuff?—one time I brought homemade gf/df almond fudge brownies, which, like you said, triggered a conversation about healthy alternatives!

Laxergirl9
So I’ve done larabars and RX bars in the past but my all time favorite bar is a clif nut butter filled bar - chocolate hazelnut. I avoid dairy, peanuts, and soy so this is the best alternative I’m able to find! (So many bars have whey or peanuts to make them high in protein or healthier :/)

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

whoa! do they put chocolate hazelnut in as a FILLING?? chocolate 🍫 monster right here! @danielle have you heard of this?!