Q & A WITH SIMONE BILES - YOU ASK, SHE'LL ANSWER

AthletaWellTeam
Community Manager

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Want to know what it took for the Olympian and World-Champion to prioritize her mental health above all else? Maybe you're curious about what's next for the gymnast. Simone is answering all your burning questions—to be featured in a video exclusively on AthletaWell that will be live later this month. So reply here what you want to know! Don't forget to check back on AthletaWell for Simone's answers. 

If you aren't a member of AthletaWell yet, follow the steps below to sign up and ask your question. 

Step 1. Join AthletaWell by clicking the Join / Sign In link located at the top right of this page

Step 2. Enter your Athleta e-comm account login or create one

Step 3. Then you’ll be prompted to create an AthletaWell username

Step 4. You're in! Drop your question(s) for Simone on this post!

PS - if you drop a ❤️  on this post and set up an account, you’ll be the first to know when the Simone video drops!
26 REPLIES 26

Caleyorwin

Simone, what’s your go-to self-care tip or practice when you want to recharge? ☺️

asparling1986
Community Manager
Community Manager

Simone - what was going through your head when you decided to question whether to compete or pull out? How did you ultimately come to your decision.

lauren

Wow, this is cool - thanks for doing this, Simone!! Your team dynamic at the Olympics was so inspiring to see - they really support you both personally and professionally and it showed. How did you create such an amazing support system around you? 

mmyogabeach

Hi Simone! First of all- thank you thank you thank you thank you for being so courageous. Prioritizing your mental health and wellness helps remind all of us to check-in with ourselves too. Thank you for opening up internal and external dialogues!

Was the decision to pull out overwhelming and/or the first time you’d done something like this? Or have you been practicing mindfulness and it was easy to decide in the moment?

oaktownish

Hi Simone, what’s your go-to song when your pushing yourself towards a goal?

charmed
\nHi Simone - you a such an inspiration, thank you! What are some of your favorite activities to do outside of gymnastics?

GoodbyeVal

When you have free time, what is your favorite thing to do?

kj36928

Do you like being in the spotlight because of gymnastics?

mimi4064

Question for Simone Biles.

You have such incredible courage and showed the world what is important.  How will you work to keep yourself healthy as this additional focus is put onto you?

AKS8425

Simone - when you’re not feeling inspired or motivated, what types of things do you do to snap out the funk?

YogaGuy

Simone - What is your favorite type of music?  Any favorite bands?

Scootmagoo

What’s your favorite type or way to exercise besides gymnastics? 

scmurphy24

In order to perform at your level of excellence, I can only assume you would have to have a pretty intensely focused and driven mindset while training or competing. How do you transition out of such determination and laser focus to unwind/relax when you get "off work" if there is such a thing for you? 

aquagal49

Hi Simone- I struggle with FOMO. Historically I’ve pushed myself forward through mentally and emotionally challenging periods out of fear of missing out on opportunities if I were to pull out. Was there ever a time when creating a boundary to protect your energy backfired? Or does putting your well-being first always pay off? What can you suggest to someone like me who is afraid to miss out on things by saying no? I appreciate it 🙏

audvocado6

Simone! How do you balance cravings for sweets and other yummy treats while also being an athlete?

audvocado6

Simone! What is your mentality going into a big meet?

audvocado6

Simone, how do you stay consistent with training? Also what color should I paint my nails??❤️❤️

What do you see yourself doing after gymnastics? Coach, school, commentator, etc....?

ilovelars

👋Hi Simone!

You've become such a symbol for prioritizing mental health, which I think is so important. Are there small things you do daily to help with mental health that anyone could do?

What is your favorite post-meet meal/treat? 

veronica

Hi Simone! How are you now? do you still want to do gymnastics?

TheWhiteSwan

Hi Simone. Congratulations on Tokyo! Thank you for protecting yourself and for being an outstanding role model to many of us.

I’ll throw a fun question at you: which is your favorite Disney / amusement park ride?

Mxiety

Did you expect to become such a beacon of mental health, are you glad to see the conversations around MH and athletes being so prominent now?

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

Simone - we are so lucky to have you! How do you avoid overtraining and/or what cues have you learned to tap into with your body to help with this?

DebbieJ

Simone, you are an inspiration to all of us.  Top two questions I have:  (1) Your tips to maintain FOCUS and MOTIVATION; and (2) How do you address muscle soreness or overuse?  

Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

CarrieFit

Dear Simone;

Thank you for standing up for what is right on a world stage. You continue to be an example of elite athleticism and a role model for life. What would you say to a young athlete who is in an environment of negativity / not being good enough? A coach who is degrading or a teammate who is putting her down? What would be an appropriate response or action to take? Thanks as always!