Body after baby

AAlajoki

I just had my 1st baby 8 months ago & I was 39 years old when I delivered her.  I am feeling frustrated at how my body feels after this pregnancy.  I thought I would be feeling better by now.  My public bone keeps going out of place & my hips are so achy.  I also have a partial prolapse & pain in my groin area.  My tailbone is my newest pain that I have.   Before and during the pregnancy I was very active-it been a challenge to start working out again when my body hurts so much.  Anyone have any tips for healing & getting back to “normal”. 

2 REPLIES 2

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations on becoming a mom @AAlajoki! But I am so sorry to hear that you have been dealing with so much pain lately. It must be hard, especially if you were previously active. I wonder if @Tiffany_L (a Functional Medicine Physician / our Holistic Health Guide) has any insight on what you can do to help alleviate that pain. I hope you feel better soon ❤️

Heather_C
Guide
Guide

Hi @AAlajoki ! Chiming in with some lived experience -- I have three boys, my youngest is 4 mo and they were all born within 4 years (wasn't the plan! hah, just, how it happened). Have you tried pelvic floor physical therapy (PFPT)? I'm certainly not a physical therapy expert! But it sounds like some of these aches and pains could be helped by PFPT (and/or general PT). Sometimes this is covered by insurance, but I've done private pay as well (which sucks, but it was worth it). 

Totally here with you. I hope this is a helpful reminder: our bodies may never feel the *same* as they did pre-pregnancy, but that doesn't mean we have to put up with chronic pain/discomfort and assume it's normal. So glad you came here for support. Keep us posted! ❤️