Well-Being Week Day 3: CREATE SPACE with two on demand workout options

AthletaWellTeam
Community Manager

Join AthletaWell Guides Sarah Ezrin and Chris Freytag HERE in creating space with TWO on-demand workouts. Both workout options have one goal: create physical space with your body to create space in your mind.

IMG_4695.jpg   sarah take up space.jpg

Today you get to choose how you want to move. Between feeling open beyond your limits, or finding strength in balancing your body, you can't go wrong.

Sarah creates space through an expansive yoga flow designed to open both your body and mind. Chris pushes through a full-body strength training to activate all major muscle groups, finding strength in balancing your body. Both allow you to move freely in your journey.

After watching the recorded workout of your choice, share with the AthletaWell community how did it feel to move your body. Which recorded workout did you choose? Or maybe you did both! How did it feel to open your body and move freely? Did you feel energized or empowered afterwards?

• Share what noticed in the comments section below or in the comments of THIS conversation in the Well-Being Week Space by Thursday, Jan 13, 2022 for a chance to win a special prize*

AthletaWell, non-Gap Inc. employee, members who comment on this post or on THIS conversation between 11:59pm PST Sunday January 9 - 11:59pm PST Thursday January 13, 2022 qualify to win the special prize. The winner will be selected at random based comments on this post or THIS conversation and will be notified by direct message  from the AthletaWell Team in the AthletaWell platform by 9pm PST on Friday January 14, 2022. The winner will also be announced via conversation post by 9pm PST on Friday January 14, 2022 by the AthletaWell Team. All comments must adhere to AthletaWell’s community guidelines HERE.

23 REPLIES 23

kdallman

I felt so relaxed and empowered after following this yoga practice! 

Almetria

As a fellow yoga teacher, I love taking other teacher's classes. It made me feel empowered and energized. I love opening my body up especially heart openers. 

Jordynbrown4

I never really have moved my body in this specific sort of way and it was very weird but yet I felt my body adapting and appreciating it every step of the way!

jgarci80

Felt relaxing and nice to get a stretch!

gss

Such a wonderful combination of workouts-- I loved doing Chris' class first and then Sarah's and feeling expansiveness in two different ways!

cwaite06

💪🏻🧘🏻‍ So good to find time and space for self-care

abbys

I've never had a yoga instructor pose the question "where are you making yourself small?" and I really appreciated that question! Thanks for guiding.

JenP1

I took the yoga class with Sarah Ezrin. I love taking new yoga classes because it always teaches me something new and this one did not disappoint, thank you!

ChloeOm

From the "self-love hugs" to Chris' definition of Triceps (yes! my triceps do wave when I wave at someone lol), I giggled AND had a great workout, and felt very encouraged.  I felt this workout--muscle and cardio! I loved the descriptions and I did extra sets during them. The pushups--this is now a goal for this year! Since we ended on the mat, I will do the yoga workout, now. Loving the flow.  Namaste, peace, love and joy to all.💚

Right?? It was an amazing workout and left me sore in all the right places! I’ve always struggled with push-ups so I definitely am making it my goal to do more this year

Obeone

I loved Chris' workout! Thank you Chris and Athleta Well. It was a great workout in that she showed how to carefully do the exercises with the weights/ how to bend and do sit up the correct way. A nice escape from a stressful day. Thanks, Tina

Obeone

I started to watch Sarahs' yoga movie- but for some reason most of the movie was not showing - just Sarahs' voice.

Hope other people were able to watch her. Thanks.

mcb414

definitely noticed stillness and the way my body fought it, like it wanted to keep going.  finally releasing felt amazing!

FitNYC

After the yoga session with Sarah, I felt more decompressed, calmer, relaxed but yet invigorated. Exactly what I needed to counteract this stressful day!

LisaSorenson

Just finished Sarah's class - it was wonderfully relaxing and opening, thank you for the great coaching, Sarah, and all the best with your pregnancy!

Nicoleee
I felt at peace and more in tune with my body - this is a great way for me to unwind and stretch out parts of tension my body tends to get midweek from work!

Rungirl

Thank You Athleta for providing this space! I really needed the Yoga class, it helped put my mind and body in a relaxed state. I liked when Sarah said “get creative,” that was awesome!

sjrucker
I enjoyed Sarah’s yoga class. Thanks for leading us, Sarah. I am a beginner of yoga. It’s my practice and I can move the way my body feels best. What a refreshing feeling afterword. I am worthy!! The Well Being Community is helping me since I WFH.

slmurphy2
Are we still able to watch the videos? Having a hard time figuring out how to play.

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes you can @slmurphy2! You can find the videos HERE. Sorry for the confusion! 

hilmerar

I loved these videos. The challenge to push my body as well as the challenge to let my body restore. I love how I am able to care for my body more holistically with the help and guidance of these videos

Dresurre
Felt good and energized!

rwlevy

I chose the strength training workout and it felt empowering - I'm not super consistent about doing strength training workouts but it always feels very rewarding when I remember to do them!