Well-Being Week Day 2: LET IT GO with mindful movement and cardio release

AthletaWellTeam
Community Manager

Join AthletaWell guide, Dani Parker, HERE for a 12-min mindful movement practice designed to help you release what's not yours to hold and find space to ground back into you.

Full Body Shot 2.jpeg

Through low-impact sculpting, cathartic cardio release, and mindful pauses, step off your mat feeling more balanced, open and expansive in body and mind.

Tell us, what are you releasing? If you don't yet know, this practice will help you visualize it. Share in this conversation's comments below or on the post HERE what you're releasing for a chance to win a special prize*

*AthletaWell, non-Gap Inc. employee, members who comment on this conversation or on THIS post between 11:59pm PST Sunday January 9 - 11:59pm PST Thursday January 13, 2022 qualify to win the special prize. The winner will be selected at random based comments on this conversation or THIS post and will be notified by direct message from the AthletaWell Team in the AthletaWell platform by 9pm PST on Friday January 14, 2022. The winner will also be announced via conversation post by 9pm PST on Friday January 14, 2022 by the AthletaWell Team. All comments must adhere to AthletaWell’s community guidelines HERE.

26 REPLIES 26

Really liked doing this first thing this morning. The back rollup at the end would have been a good warm-up for us older people in the beginning too. Helping to motivate me for the rest of the day

I enjoyed this!! I’m in isolation from omicron so this is next best from being in person!!!

ejmartin

Oh my goodness, this is exactly what I needed to start the day and let go of the anxiety I was feeling before a morning meeting. I feel great!!

catalan

I loved this workout! The time for mindfulness mixed with the cardio  helped me to release all the tension. I was able to visualise  the tension being released. 

amotichek

i'm letting go of the tension in my shoulders! and body expectations that are unrealistic!

FitNYC

I’m letting go of the baggage from my past just so I’ll have the space to create the present & future I want & need. It’s been tough to let go but I’m determined this year!

Birding_babe
I’m so glad there was some intuitive ‘dance’ in here; dance is very cathartic for me. I’m letting go of other peoples’ expectations of what my body should look like this year and focusing on strength and happiness. ✌️

LyndaJ

A good short workout. I did this after my normal workout and was expecting it to be a nice cool down. I think this would work better as a warm up or good quick start to the day. 

mara
I am releasing the day and using this workout to re-focus my energy to stay mindful and limber.

daniellekross

This is lovely! In response to your question, I am releasing the stress from my workday and letting go worries about the day ahead. 

sjrucker
I am letting go of all the little stuff that doesn’t matter. I’m going to stay grounded daily by getting fresh air, taking a moment for self meditation, practicing gratitude, and moving my body. Thank you, Dani, for leading us.

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

This is such incredible feedback @Dani_P ! Than you for leading our community so many of us didn't know we needed - AWESOME!

ABNapping

I'm letting go of the tightness in my hips! This practice was perfect for that! Thanks!

kdallman

I'm releasing caring what other people think about me! Thank you for this practice!

Almetria

This was just the right midday pick me up to get me through my day. I need to meditate and learn how to let go more. 

kmariem

I am releasing the parts of me that no longer serve me; it's a work in progress.

theMaggie

I'm releasing the fight-or-flight responses to near-constant vigilance against catching/carrying/ passing on the Omicron variant of COVID virus. Ahhhhh. ❤️

gss

Such a lovely combination of release and bursts of energy. Thank you for helping me release outside expectations of what I should be doing!

jhc
What a unique class, each exercise starting slow and easy then ramping up!

ljallen

Releasing too much desk time!

LisaSorenson

Loved this short practice that was relaxing and energizing at the same time!  I released stress that I felt after a long day of work when I realized that I still had so much more to do, no worries, tomorrow is a new day. Thank you @Dani_P!!!

mcb414

Releasing stress of the new year, dealing with sick kids, work stress and new babies!  ahh

hilmerar

I am releasing the idea of who I wish I was and instead embracing who I am and created to be!

KarenF

Although it was only for a short time, letting go and just moving/dancing around my living room felt very cathartic.

I usually work out in group classes so during this I was able be carefree without caring how I looked. 

Thank you Dani and Athletawell!

klmaste

Thank you for the release video. I was carrying so much tension in my shoulders from a really hard week, or should I say year. It felt good to release all that tension and spend some time on me!

twestrom

I'm releasing the stress of teaching and things changing by the second! And having kids quarantined on a moments notice, but then being expected to catch back up in a jiffy.