Dietitians are the Nutrition Experts

NoNonsenseRD

It would be very beneficial for articles that touch on nutrition to be provided by a registered, licensed dietitian since doctors know very little about the subject matter! All these brands trying to get in on the wellness trend and capitalize on popular subjects should see expert information, not opinions or advice from those who just sound credible but are approaching topics outside their scope of practice.  This is becoming increasingly important as the science of nutrition is evolving drastically and quite specialized.

2 REPLIES 2

fbnutrition

I agree!! I've devoted so many years as a registered dietitian digging deep to find the rare science-based info regarding nutrition and lifestyle recommendations for women in perimenopause & menopause. Our strategies for how to eat, exercise, get adequate sleep, and manage stress are different than when we were in our 20's and early 30's. Most advice is "shrink it & pink it" - meaning take what works for men and size it down for women. Not ok. I have several articles with advice just for women because most docs & GYN's aren't trained in menopausal health.

I read a couple of your articles this morning! Thanks for sharing! Also, thank you for using a font that is easier on “over 50 “ eyes! Some great info. Sleep has been an issue for me for many years. We recently moved from Phoenix to Pacific Palisades, CA, and my sleep has been much better here! Not sure if it is the wonderful weather, that the “stress” of moving is over, or that our elderly dog passed just prior to the move and he is no longer getting me up. I suspect the latter. Miss him dearly, but am enjoying my extra sleep!