TAGS in newest season’s clothes

Ellen_S
Hi! As a fitpro, I have come to Athleta time and time again for athletic apparel that is technical, functional, and comfortable. This season, however, huge, non-removable tags have begun to appear is nearly every item. For example, in this new pair of Salutation IIs, there are three huge, thick tags that are so bulky and uncomfortable that I cannot wear these form-fitting tights for any activity, let alone for working and working out. The tags include dotted lines at the top that invite cutting (not tearing), but cutting the tags out is nearly impossible, and, when I have succeeded in doing so, sharp remnants of the tag remain, exacerbating the problem. In prior years, athleta has used a single, tiny, unobtrusive tag. Other brands use rip-put tags that leave no remnants at all. It’s simply impossible to wear form-fitting clothes with these bulky tags. Would you please eliminate them? DiscussionImage
5 REPLIES 5

Lindsay_B
Athleta Product Expert
Athleta Product Expert

Thank you so much for the feedback @Ellen_S! We hear you, and I think this is something great you pointed out. I passed this onto our styling team, thank you again!!

Ellen
I agree the tags are too big and nuisance. My tops for working out end up sticking up from the top making it visible and scratchy. Please go back to the stamped label inside clothing.

Ellen_S
What would you like to share...

Ellen_S
It seems that women named Ellen are particularly tag-sensitive. Lol.

MargieBD

LOL! My name is not Ellen, but I agree 100% with the original poster that these tags are way too big, bulky, scratchy and totally annoying. My ritual upon receiving any new Athleta clothing is to remove the hang tags and then, with a sharp pair of sewing scissors, I carefully clip out these tags. I then try to fluff out the edges of the remaining stumps to soften them. All the while, I am praying that I haven't snipped too close to the fabric and caused irreversible damage. Please find another solution! Thanks!!