Our designers want to know: What are your at-home workout go-tos?

Lindsay_B
Athleta Product Expert
Athleta Product Expert

Hey everyone—

Since the pandemic, I've been working out from home and I realized...I don't ever want to return to the gym!

Our design team is curious, what are your top 3 essentials for your *perfect* at-home gym? We want to know what equipment, gear, or sportswear would give you the best workout! The design team is cooking up some ideas for future products, and would love your input 😙

My top essentials are: a supportive sports bra (loving the warrior longline bra right now), bala bangles, and a nice yoga mat! Let me know in the comments below what your go-tos are!

Lindsay_B_1-1635806950784.jpeg

23 REPLIES 23

oz

Bala bangles, Fit52 app and my Hydrte water bottle!

Lindsay_B
Athleta Product Expert
Athleta Product Expert

I love Bala Bangles! Do you use the 1 lb. or 2 lb. weights? Did you know we sell them on Athleta?! https://athleta.gap.com/browse/search.do?searchText=bala

Chris_F
Guide
Guide

For me - the 3 top essentials:  A big screen tv/roku to stream my workout, dumbbells and a good mat!! I must say - a good pair of high waisted leggings matter too - Salutation Stash Pocket II 7/8 Tight😃

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm all about the high waist @Chris_F the higher the better 🤣

kathleenruns

treadmill, various weights and a yoga mat (and lots of Athleta of course)

glad to hear from you Kathleen! are you running exclusively indoors, or outdoors as well? @kathleenruns 

Mainly indoors now that it gets dark early 🙂  Hoping to do another marathon next year!

Lindsay_B
Athleta Product Expert
Athleta Product Expert

Hi @kathleenruns ! What are your favorite weights & yoga mat? In the market for something new 🙂

Bobbizees
wearing my stash pocket tights and jumping on the treadmill between meetings. Trying to fit some weight training into that day too!

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

cheers to the stash pocket tights! lots of shout outs for then in this thread. I love them, too @Bobbizees 

NillaMarie

electrolytes (biosteele hydration mix), hand weights, and a show to watch

Valerie_C
Guide
Guide

I've been doing more weight lifting lately at a friend's home gym.  Some weight lifting gloves would be good and also resistance bands in fun colors.  Also love a good hair tie or scrunchie.  I recently saw an ad for scrunchies that had a zipper so you could keep small things like chapstick or keys inside.

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

whaaa? a scrunchy with a zipper pouch? I feel like scrunchies are making a comeback, huh? @Valerie_C 😍

bmbrush413

Salutation Stash pocket tights - especially because they don’t have seams in the inner thighs and crotch. I bike a lot and those seams can be super uncomfortable! Any thoughts on biking apparel at some point?

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

so glad you've joined us here in the conversation @bmbrush413 😊i'm a huge fan o the Salutation Stash pocket tights, too! I'm into biking, too, so I'd love to hear what everyone is wearing for cycling 🚲as well

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

I love a good sports bra without a huge tie in the back because I'm often doing exercises where I'm on my back and the comfort is important! The salutation tights are LIFE! As far as equipment... I've fully stocked a minimalist home gym at this point with resistance bands of all sorts (cloth, pull up bands, door anchors) and some weights and kettlebells. I definitely need breathable and sweat wicking lol!

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

love your call-out re: the back—agreed! crunches are no fun with something on the back of your bra @Leada_M 🤣

brindleyjoy

I need a scrunchy, hand weights, and water. 😅

good reminder about the H2O! thanks for joining us here in the conversation @brindleyjoy we're so glad you're here 😊

Brandi
Concept 2 rower, barbell, bumper plates. I’m short so high waisted leggings don’t work for me. I buy any mid-waist leggings I can find, absolute must for me…even better if I can find them in petite🥰

Patius

An inspired music playlist, my yoga mat, a water bottle and attitude!

Lindsay_B
Athleta Product Expert
Athleta Product Expert

Love that! What is your go to water bottle? I'm loving Hydroflask right now. 

Jackie_W
Athleta Product Expert
Athleta Product Expert

Hi Athleta Well Community! Curious I see a lot about hydration on this post. What are your favorite water bottles to stay hydrated for your workouts and every day?