Models recently

Joyaexercise
what happened to using women who actually are athletes as models ? I love seeing all sizes of women and what happened to the models who had muscle and curves and cuts? I used to be able to gauge clothing based on the model. They were amazing. One more disappointment since being “Gap-a-fied”… Athleta used to have pieces that were unique yet fit a wide variety of bodies. And they were made for Athletic endeavors and still could be worn everyday. I have pieces from decades ago that outlast current pieces. It’s truly disappointing.
4 REPLIES 4

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Joyaexercise, I'm sorry to hear about your disappointments. I'll be sure to let our design team know your feedback on quality of clothes and pass on your thoughts about model representation. 

SaraMcJ
I also really liked seeing models who were athletes, and had certain illnesses where they showed their devices - I.e. models with type 1 diabetes wearing their insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors (CGMs). And they weren’t all sizes XXS and XS.

BBLEE
I agree with you! I can appreciate inclusivity, but Athleta has gone over the top.

I disagree. I love seeing women of all sizes included. Every woman deserves to look and feel great while trying to achieve her specific weight goals. There is enough body shaming in this world without us doing it to each other. Thank you Athleta!