Leggings for straight / athletic bodies

yogi_dancer

Hi all, I'll start by saying that I love Athleta leggings! Have recommended them to friends over and over again.

However, I have a relatively straight figure with average waist (27'') and narrow hips (32''). Because of these proportions, I find it really hard to buy leggings that stay up and flatter my booty. The salutation leggings (size small) used to work for me, but the new version simply does not stay up.

In store, a sales associate suggested that I try Athleta girl leggings, and those have worked a lot better, but colors/styles definitely are not as appealing as the women line. Wondering whether anyone else has run into this issue as well?

6 REPLIES 6

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback @yogi_dancer! Hopefully other members have some ideas, but seeing if @Guen_E has any insight on what you can do!

I absolutely agree! I’m in love with the Athleta leggings, they’re the most comfortable pair of leggings that I’ve owned thus far. Everything about the fabric, the way they snug on my legs, and shape my body feels great!

yogi_dancer

Oh! And I meant to say “average waist (27”)” for women’s size small. Wasn’t trying to generalize by any means. 

(couldn’t figure out if there was a way to edit my message so replying here instead 🙂 )

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

Hi @yogi_dancer ! I'm similar in size, I am short (5'3") and definitely know the struggle with pant shopping! I'm a 24" waist and 36" hips and am more of straight-ish athletic body type. I recently fell in love with the Ultimate Stash 7/8 leggings, they fit me in an XS and you may have some luck with them! They're perfect for the gym and the pockets are a dream, plus you can't see the sweat through them. If that size isn't right, they may have them in the Athleta Girl line! But the material sounds like it may be right for you 🙂 

ohlovejoy

I think we have about the same measurements and the same problems. I loved loved loved the original salutation stash in XS. Salutation Stash II doesn't have the seams on the front sides, near the obliques area. I think that's the problem. 😟

What size Athleta Girl leggings did she recommend?  I'm 5'5" and 115 lbs. Would those be long enough for me?

I have the Elation Ultra Rise shorts and have no problem with them rolling down, but I don't like that they go up to the bottom of my rib cage. 

Yeah, the seamless waistband tends to either roll or slip down on me, so I hear ya! Based on the Athleta Girl size chart and the associate's recs, I went with a size XL/14 in the High Rise Powervita Chit Chat Leggings (full length) and those have worked out great. Funny enough, they're actually a bit long on me and I'm the same height as you (about 5'5'').

I will say that I've tried on the Athleta Girl cropped styles and those have fit a bit funny... but the full length ones are solid 🙂