Help! Mattress Recommendations Needed

surfingob

I'm in the market for a new mattress. My current mattress is ~6 years old and wayyyyy too soft. Don't get me wrong, I do love a bed on the softer side, but I don't love waking up with back pain. I'd love to hear what mattresses you all love.

Attaching a photo of my pup in her Serta dog bed (that she loves!) for attention. 

Picture1.png

8 REPLIES 8

Valerie_C
Guide
Guide

Cute dog!

Great question and one I get asked often.  Mattress companies have great marketing these days and some let you try their mattresses risk free for 90 days (or more).  My daughter has a Casper mattress that is pretty comfortable however I think it can get hot however we live in Hawaii currently and it is pretty warm and humid here most nights.  I am looking into getting a Helix mattress when I move back to California.  They have great reviews and a good friend bought one recently and just loves it.

I have also heard positive reviews about the sleep number beds, especially if you have a bed partner and they prefer a different firmness than you. 

Happy mattress shopping! 

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

I like a really firm mattress...and no pillow 🤣 these are great recs @Valerie_C 

Jamers

I have a sleep number bed and love it.  Definitely a splurge, but longer life than a standard mattress.  I used to wake up stuck in a position and sore, and it doesn’t happen now.  Balance of support and comfort.

Eld3
We had a sleep number mattress and felt like it was a glorified air mattress. Not for us. I would love to follow other suggestions you get. We are in the market as well!

Maisie

We finally ditched our 15-year-old (!!!) Tempurpedic bed and bought a Layla hybrid mattress with an adjustable base. It was a splurge but totally worth it. I no longer have backaches upon waking, which feels like a small miracle. The great thing about Layla is that their mattresses have a "soft" side and a "firm" side. I thought for sure I'd want firm, but the soft side really hits the spot. 
Good luck in your search!

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

that sounds really interesting—what's involved with the adjustable base? like, you can flip it for a different feel? very cool! @Maisie 

Hey @Marisa 
The Layla adjustable base allows you to raise and lower your head and feet using a remote control. I read in zero gravity position (head and feet raised a little bit) and sleep with just a slight raise to my head and feet. (Since I'm a side sleeper, the zero gravity position is a bit intense for my back.) Layla's hybrid mattress has springs in the center, with foam on the top and bottom. One foam side is a bit softer than the other, so you can flip the mattress over if you need a different firmness. 
After years of discomfort (and waking up exhausted every morning), my partner and I have dedicated ourselves to the pursuit of better sleep. It's an investment, for sure, but we're *finally* figuring out what works for us. Cheers to getting those zzzzzzzs!! 🙂

Maddie

I bought a deluxe wool mattress from the Woolroom about six months ago. I love it! It’s incredibly comfortable. I ended up buying their luxury topper too, and now it’s a challenge to get out of bed. No more aches in the morning, and Woolroom has excellent customer service (I’ve bought a lot from them). For reference, I’m 5’7 and between 135-140 - the mattress is medium, which is perfect. I sleep mostly on my back, and sometimes on my side. I highly recommend!