Best Athleta jacket for hiking?

Kylasarmiento

Helloo! Wanted to see if anyone has a go-to Athleta jacket for hiking? Ideally for long hikes in cold weather/rain! I’m loving the look of the Whisper Featherless Parka but I’m worried it may be more stylish than functional. My second option is the Inlet Jacket. Would love to hear any reviews and experiences with these jackets — or any other ones! 

3 REPLIES 3

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Both options seem great @Kylasarmiento, let's see if our Athleta Product Expert @Guen_E has any insight to help you out!

Guen_E
Athleta Product Expert
Athleta Product Expert

Hi @Kylasarmiento, just wanted to offer some insight! Both the Whisper and Inlet have durable weather repellent (DWR) fabric on them and repel water. Both of those work as weather-proof and you would be fine in light snow; but if its heavy snow or rain, water could seep through the stitching.

If you want something completely waterproof, you should go with the Lakeview RainOut Parka (+ has a soft cozy sherpa lining) or the RainOut Forecast Shell II.

All of these options are good for hikes, just depending on the weather and your style! I hope this helps 🙂

Eleni

Hi! I have and love the Rockridge and love it for hiking. I believe it is water repellant. I love how lightweight it is but definitely provides warmth and had a little longer length for coverage.