Are you a PILLOW Minimalist or Maximalist?? POLL

Valerie_C
Guide
Guide
Let's take a PILLOW POLL

Are you a PILLOW:
A: minimalist (0-1 pillows)
B: maximalist (2+ pillows)

I recently went on a weekend vacation and slept in a super comfy bed that had 6 of the most luxurious pillows I have ever felt.  It was a king size bed with a mix of king and euro-sized pillows that I shared with my husband.  I made myself a pillow nest and drifted off to sleep imagining I was lying on a soft fluffy cloud.

According to the National Sleep Foundation the average number per person is 2.2 pillows. Back at home I am currently a pillow minimalist and sleep with 1 pillow or even none.  When I was pregnant my wedge pillow was my saving grace from the nagging heartburn at night.  While in college body pillows were popular and hugging a long squishy sack of cotton was very soothing.

I’ve recently seen ads for beauty pillows that are anti-wrinkle and others that promise to eliminate snoring.

What’s your pillow style? How many are enough for you? Have you bought less anti-aging cream since switching over to beauty pillows?  Do you sleep more soundly since buying the anti-snore pillow for your partner? 

Would love to learn more about your pillows stories! 

4 REPLIES 4

molly
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am a 1-2 pillow (one of which has one of these satin alleged anti-wrinkle covers on it)! I've been seeing lots of ads for those square pillows (https://www.pillowcube.com/) that claim to be better for your neck...which makes me curious! Any thoughts on those?

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am A. 0-1 pillow. honestly Val when it comes to pillows I think the flatter the better. I think of a pillow more as a concept than an actual thing I want to have. I like to sleep face planted on my stomach and I kind of hug a thin pillow. I imagine this is not good for my neck but I have slept like this my whole life. I hate big pillows.

thanks for sharing!  I was a big stomach sleeper until I got pregnant.  Yes it can be uncomfortable for the neck and you probably are moving your head from side to side when you are asleep.  I think there is a market for someone to make mattresses made for stomach sleepers similar to massage tables with a hole for your face to breath through.  

Valerie_C
Guide
Guide

interesting concept, I am a side sleeper myself and haven't felt that my standard pillow was too low, very intrigued by the pillowcube, may check it out

oh I have heard of just the satin pillowcase, do you find that it gets hot at night?  I live in a humid state so I've stuck with cotton.