Exercise After Cancer

2Unstoppable

Did you know that exercise is both safe and beneficial after a cancer diagnosis? Women with breast cancer, who exercise regularly, have 40% better survival rates and 40-50% lower risk of recurrence. Exercise is also the #1 treatment for cancer-related fatigue, and it helps combat many cancer treatment side effects. Women really need to stay active during and after cancer treatment - but it's hard! There are many ways I kept moving while I was going through cancer treatment for Triple Negative Breast Cancer in 2015-2016. This month is Triple Negative Breast Cancer Month and for me, personally, it marks SIX years since I completed radiation treatment for Stage 2 cancer. Since that time, I have made exercise a priority in my life, and it has helped me regain mobility, strength, & cardio health, helped instill a sense of calm and confidence, and has overall improved my quality of life after cancer. 

What are YOU doing for exercise today? 

2 REPLIES 2

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations on your 6 years!!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story, and for gifting the community with such great advice. This is so inspiring... I think its time for me to get my yoga pants on 😉

Bea
I agree that any type of exercise is so important when going through the cancer treatment and healing process. You get stronger physically, emotionally and mentally. I speak from my own experience. And it helps to put on such beautiful and comfortable workout clothes that make you feel better. Thank you Athleta.