Margeaux_H
Guide
Guide

Let's check in. How are you?  

But really, how are you in this moment, right now? 

To work toward grounding, we need to start with an awareness of where we are, physically and mentally. If you’re not sure how to articulate it, or are feeling blocked, take a few minutes to get quiet and observe. Your body will tell you what's going on.  

Check out this calming 12-minute body scan to get still, drop into your body, and invite awareness in. It’s a fantastic way to start your week or to check back in when you’re feeling overwhelmed or off balance. 

After finishing the body scan, share what you noticed with the AthletaWell community. Did you notice a tightness in your chest? Was it hard to slow down and stay still?  Or did you notice thoughts coming in which sped up your breath? There's no wrong answer!  

• Share you what noticed in the comments section below or in the comments of THIS conversation in the Well-Being Week Space by Thursday, Jan 13, 2022 for a chance to win a special prize.* 

*AthletaWell, non-Gap Inc. employee, members who comment on this post or on THIS conversation between 11:59pm PST Sunday January 9 - 11:59pm PST Thursday January 13, 2022 qualify to win the special prize. The winner will be selected at random based comments on this post or THIS conversation and will be notified by direct message  from the AthletaWell Team in the AthletaWell platform by 9pm PST on Friday January 14, 2022. The winner will also be announced via conversation post by 9pm PST on Friday January 14, 2022 by the AthletaWell Team. All comments must adhere to AthletaWell’s community guidelines HERE 

123 Comments

It brought to forefront all my little aches and pains that I tend to ignore all day. I guess it’s good to know about them but I’d rather keep moving and not dwell on them. Keep on keeping on!!

Manuu

Thanks @Margeaux_H for this meditation. I did it shortly after waking up so my mind was calm. I noticed my upper back to neck very tight, especially on the right side, since I have pulled a muscle over the weekend. That was the “loudest” part of my body. I also noticed that I kept my tongue on the roof of my mouth until you said release, now I wonder why my body does that  🙂 But while doing this check-in, I also felt very grateful for my body to carry me so well even when not 100%. Wishing everyone a great week ahead! 

Elisabeth

I was aware that my body feels twisted. I’m looking forward to connecting to my body more this year. I’d like to live with awareness and control of the “machine” of my body more so that body scan exercise helped to focus that desire. 

catalan

Taking time for stillness and self evaluation made me recognise my tensions and pains and allowed me time to finally listen to what my body has been trying to tell me. I also acknowledged that I get caught in the cycle of life and don’t take the time to check in with my body- to listen and praise it for the work that it does. I am going to make a goal do this before bed every night as a way to check in with myself. 

Birding_babe

Thanks @Margeaux_H for a video I can return to as often as needed. Doing this reminded me that I have a tendency to scrunch the space between my eyebrows even when resting. When you mentioned that area I had to manually smooth it out and relax it. What a nice way to start the day!

katiedittman

Thank you @Margeaux_H for this great start to a Monday! My body honestly felt better than I thought it would. It has been so cold here that I haven't been as active as I would like. As I was thinking about how good I felt, I began to miss the sore muscle ache from being more active. A good sign to remind myself that being active, and the feelings of soreness, and accomplishment that come with it, bring me joy, and that I need to try and bring those feelings around more often to give my body what it needs! 

Vi

Thank you Margeaux_H 

I felt so tense and cold, as I haven't been active the whole day, working on a home office sitting with the computer. Body felt heavy and inflexible, even the jaw. I remembered that couple of hours before I had an unpleasant headache. Thank you for your help in body scanning, will do some exercise today for sure.

lisalw

Thank you Margeaux! I was feeling a bit stiff and sluggish today. It’s been so cold & icy here, my usual exercise routine has been disrupted. What I noticed more during and after the body scan though was how tight my hips feel today. Breathing and focus really help. I feel more ready for some yoga this afternoon!

Cziggy1

Had to keep bringing my thoughts back to the scan at the beginning but by the end, I was in the moment. 

elen100

Thanks @Margeaux_H for this meditation. i'll ty again. I need more work on myself:) 

thadadan09

Thank You Margeaux, for bringing this awareness.  Btw I love your name,  the beginning was hard to sit still and trying to calmly mind  but halfway thru it I felt more settled. I noticed my shoulders, neck , back and hips very tight. My ankles and shins felt sore. However I did feel better at the end.  Thanks again!

begie1213

Great mindful exercise!  I love taking those moments and becoming aware of myself.  I will try to do this EVERY day.  Thank you!

Joaneddd

I find I Collapse on myself a lot I need to lengthen my spine and breathe through my belly not as shallow as I usually do. It was a nice mind clearing experience.

rstewar4

Thank you, @Margeaux_H! I did this during my lunch hour, and I realized how much tension I hold inside during the work day. 

Jenlaz

This definitely helped me to relax and get out of my own head in preparation for this week. This program comes at the most perfect time, as I turn 50 tomorrow and had planned to spend my birthday in Hawaii with my sister, but we were unable to go due to the person covering her at work getting COVID-19. This will be a great way to focus my energy this week while I am taking some much needed time off work, even if I’m not on a beach!

Blossom

Aah, that was nice. Thank you,

Lovegal11

Thank you for this.....I appreciate you!  Tighter in hips and low back

sfgabi

Thank you so much @Margeaux_H. I just completed your guided meditation/body scan and it was lovely. Your voice is calming and relaxing, just what I needed right in the moment. I practice meditation daily and your soothing voice brought me to a grounded space. I could easily listen to your recording daily as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. 
Take care,

Gabi

CindyC

I enjoyed the experience of spending mindful time in my own home.  I spend two mornings per week in the yoga studio and wanted to do something like this as well.  There were new sounds here that I had to acknowledge and deal with but the exercise was really helpful.  Thanks!

lilyng1318

Thanks Margeaux for this meditation! It allowed me to take stock of my body which I never do. I noticed a bit of tension in my neck and shoulders but otherwise I am super grateful for how I’m feeling. Thanks for bringing me awareness!

Who knew I was so tense?!? Not me….until I started relaxing. Nerves jumping, muscles protesting, and aches coming from places I didn’t know I tensed up. About halfway through I started connecting and relaxing, by the end I felt almost lightheaded. Definitely a much needed and appreciated reset ❤️

Wendy_S

What a great way to kick off this Wellness Week! This is my first time trying guided meditation which, although I have heard great things about it, I have avoided as an overall wellness goal.  Surprisingly I was able to focus on the parts of the body Margeaux directed us to with minimal mind wondering.  I realized how cold my feet were and that I tense by tongue and jaw even when I think I am relaxed.  My shoulders were warm and the breath through my nose and mouth was free which felt amazing during the breath work.  All in all by the end of this short session I felt more grounded and attentive to my physical self.  Thank you for inspiring me to give guided meditation a try!

Chrisyogamom

Thank you for this mindful pause in my day! I practiced a warm yoga Vinyasa Yin class earlier today so I was surprised to find my jaw tight and hands heavy as I was laying down. Breathing deeply is a good reminder to calm the body and I will work on this during the week. I’m excited to try all the Athletawell podcasts this week. 🙂

Lisapb

Thank you Margeaux.  Great to reconnect with myself after a busy day!

SamuriSally

I found it hard to stop thinking about the rest of my to-do list.  Guess that means I need to do this more often for a recharge.

ms1

Thank you, nice to be reminded to take more deep breaths to relax the tension throughout my body

Kate_McD

Very centering and relaxing For me today. Just what I needed.  Thank you!

buddytigger

Surprisingly relaxing!

MiaLove

Thank you for the opportunity to join you in this body scan. I'm grateful for every opportunity to release stress, tension and negative energy I accumulate and store in my body. 

abbys

Wow - first break all day.... much needed... normally I am restless in body scans but I was really able to tune in today and particularly release some of the tension in my neck. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

amotichek

i found that by scanning my whole body, i became aware of areas that felt good. typically, i only notice the areas of my body that hurt, are tight, or feel out of balance. but doing a whole body scan forced me to also recognize the areas of my body that feel good. this exercise gave me gratitude for those areas that feel balanced, which would not otherwise be noticed, over the areas that ache or feel unbalanced. gratitude for what i do have!

MichelleF

This was amazing. Thank you

Me0715

Thank you so much for this. I have tried other complete body scans that actually put me to sleep. This one made me more aware of little aches that I try to put out of mind. I did this at the end of my work day and feel much more relaxed. Thanks again.

Ponty

Wow! Thank you so much! I didn't realize how much I needed this until I did it.

Kellyo1504

Nice break in day to connect to my body. Thanks!

Jalexa

I feel so relaxed after this. It also forced me to focus on areas where I hold tension.

kelliboling6

Did this during my lunch break today and loved it! Reminded me to elongate my spine and relax my shoulders. I feel so connected now and am so grateful to have a healthy body that allows me to workout.

Bdub

Thank you, Margeaux!

I did a hula hoop class today so I felt pretty good until I got to my face and jaw. Exercises were helpful and I feel much more relaxed now. 

Bdub

Thanks Margeaux! I did a cardio class today and felt great with your meditation until I got to my jaws and head. I feel much better after your guidance.

TiffN

I know that my body and mind need this.  At times it was hard to calm my mind but in the end I think it helped. Looking forward to this week of self exploration!

3Pltsmm_1

Thanks, Margeaux, for leading this meditation. I enjoyed the speed of your voice as it kept me focused and kept my mind on track. You allowed me the space to notice my jaw was tense! Might seem like a small thing, but an important piece to pay attention to moving forward. Well done!

twestrom

Made my Monday better! Thanks for making me more aware!

HRSchmid

Loved this!!!  Just what was needed 🙂  THANK YOU!!!

Lvisoe

I needed this time to give to my body this relaxation 

kittkatt

I was on edge all day. Just completed the body check and it really centered me.  Ready for a relaxing night. 

eeenou

This was a very calm and serene practice. I noticed how much busier my mind was than other times when I meditate in the morning (I did this after work) but I think it's good to practice calming the mind when it is very active. I noticed how I hadn't really been breathing deeply until I started paying attention to it.

Katie_U

It felt good to mindfully check in, and looking forward to this week of self-exploration. 

tmw

Doing the meditation, which I’ve only experienced trying a handful of times

felt very relaxing. I realized how tired my body feels, especially my upper back.  I feel very tense, sitting quietly and focusing on myself is a rare moment, made me realize how worn out I’m feeling. 

Cryan4710

Noticed that my entire body is tense while conducting this body scan. 

liliki

I was feeling some PTSD today from 1week ago when I was stuck and stranded in VA I95 snow storm.  At the start,  my toes and fingers were so tight,  numb and cold. As breath was coarsing slowly through my body,  I became more aware of what each body part was feeling. I  could only to a certain extent tell each part to relax. My mind did wander several times and it did take effort to  center back. At the end of it, my shoulders did not feel as tense or as heavy.  Both my toes and fingers were warmer as I got more grounded.  Thank you for the exercise Athletawell!

Liliki