Leada_M
Guide
Guide

Learn about what key points are important for an ergonomic workstation to help reduce chances of aches and pains throughout the day. In this video  I talk about general tips to avoid neck pain, shoulder pain, elbow or back discomfort by utilizing optimal positioning. 

My best tips:

• Make sure the monitor is at or near eye-level to you - and close enough to avoid poking your neck forward to see it. 
  • Bring all necessary viewpoints/monitors within your sight as best as possible. This way, you can cover all you need to look at by simply moving your eyes. 
  • Invest in a separate keyboard so you can place your monitor where it needs to be. 
  • Keep the mouse close-ish; mousing too far away or with a lowered or shrugged shoulder can aggravate nerves. 
  • Fill the low back space in a chair with a towel or shirt. 
  • Yoga blocks make GREAT footrests and monitor stands. Even back support!
  • Towel rolls work well for wrist cushions at the keyboard. 
  • The best posture, is the next posture. Sitting cross legged or at the coffee table is fine! As long as you move before things start to feel tight. Switch it up and honor the right set up if you do have pain in certain areas. 

For more information on this topic, check out Dr. Leada's website here.

Was this helpful? Do you have more questions? Let me know in the comments!

Dr. Leada

6 Comments
Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

You don't understand how much I needed to watch this. I prefer to work from the couch/bed because I can get comfortable enough to work, but have been hating working at my desk. I'll definitely have to try some of these tricks to make sitting at my desk more comfortable! Also it's so nice to see that I'm not crazy for always repositioning while I sit and work lol. Thanks @Leada_M !

asparling1986
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is so helpful! I was just thinking about my workstation and what I need to change. This checklist is awesome. Thank you!!

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

I'm so happy this was helpful @Vanessa! The shifting positions is actually welcomed now! Lol! If you need more product rec's, do let me know. I tried to share easy home hacks in case people were in that boat. 

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

thanks @asparling1986 !! I'm so happy you found it helpful!

Valerie_C
Guide
Guide

This is fantastic @Leada_M

Love the pillow idea!

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

thanks @Valerie_C ! I think pillows are the most underutilized household tool lol!