how do I listen to my intuition, REALLY?

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

OK ladies. I've been teaching yoga for 6 years. I meditate every morning. I'm a student and teacher of astrology, mythology, and I study all the ancient archetypal stories across various cultures to help lead me to a deeper understanding of myself and the human condition. Despite all of these habits that serve me so well on a daily basis, I tend to abandon my intuition when it comes to larger life choices. My critical thinking skills are so finely sharpened by living in our modern world (can you relate?), that the thoughts of my thinking mind overpower the truth that I know is real in my heart. What is it that causes me to abandon myself at the very last minute, despite my daily devotion to my practice? Is this simply my karma that I'm working on during this life? How do you commit to trusting your intuition? 

4 REPLIES 4

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marisa It is sooooo hard for me to trust myself. When it comes to my passions, it is no brainer. But those hard decisions make me feel like I have no control of my life. I have imposter syndrom, I just go through the motions of life, but I really don't feel deserving of where I have come. It takes a lot of intentional work for me to remind myself that I am in control, that I am deserving of all great things, and that I should trust my gut. When I talk to myself as if I were a friend hyping myself, I feel a lot better about my choices. You got this!

Your words of advice are awesome Vanessa! I love the "I'm in control, I deserve great things, I can trust my gut"! So good. 

Juli

Oh Marisa, I feel you. I feel like I start off strong listening to my intuition and then will make a bold decision and as the days pass by, the doubt and worry will seep in. I think trust of our intuition and confidence in ourselves go hand in hand, and it's a struggle for me too. You are not alone. I find when I get overwhelmed with indecision or doubt, I have to turn all the noise off, disconnect and look deeply inward to find my own voice. It's sometimes hard to be true to ourselves when we are trying to fill so many roles. Perhaps looking back on other times that you have listened to your intuition and the results were favorable will remind you that you can trust that inner voice. Sometimes writing down what you really want or need regarding a big decision will help, that way you can always look back on it and be reminded of the why behind the final decision. 

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Juli I'm so glad you're here in this community. Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. I love when you mention writing things down. I love to journal so much—it really helps to gain clarity. I have several big decisions coming up, so I will write down what I need so that later on I can remember why I made my choice - we'll stay in touch!