Your Favorite Holiday Kick Off Family Physical Activity

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

Hey Athletawell family!

Is anyone else shocked we've already made it to Thanksgiving?! Wow! As part of my own family traditions, quality time together is at the top of the list. And with me being the physical therapist in the family, I tend to encourage people to move and exercise together. I feel like it's gotten even more important these days as my parents get older and other health issues are affected by lifestyle. My parents are in their 60's and 70's, and my brothers and sister have all different likes and dislikes so it's always a challenge to get everyone on the same page.

We tend to aim towards an easy walk or hike together, but does anyone else have any favorite family activities they like to do? Remember, this doesn't have to "look" like a workout per se. A walk around the neighborhood still counts!

Wishing you all a wonderful start to the holiday season!

With gratitude,

Dr. Leada

3 REPLIES 3

Valerie_C
Guide
Guide
Hi @Leada_M as kid I remember playing football with all the cousins in our yard. Now that most of us have young children we chase them around the park. Definitely lots of movement going on. Happy holidays to you and your family as well!

A-McBride

I love having a special time with my mom and dad. I will usually go and play catch in the backyard with my dad while my mom makes dinner, and my mom and I will usually go shopping the day before Thanksgiving (we walk downtown). 

Lindsay_B
Athleta Product Expert
Athleta Product Expert

I always do a trail run with my family on Mount Tam on Thanksgiving morning! It is such a good way to spend quality time together in our favorite place. I don't know how many more years we will be able to do this, but cherishing every year we can!