What to do when coffee isn't enough...

danielle
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you keep your energy levels up when coffee isn't enough? Lately I've been having my usual 2 cups of coffee per day and it's just not cutting it anymore. I'm so looking forward to hearing how you all make it through each day! 

4 REPLIES 4

kj36928

I have a huge sweet tooth @danielle, so I use candy or anything sweet to pick me up. Making sure I truly relax and rest at the end of the day and getting some good sleep helps too.

Marisa

I have the same obsession with black tea. I'm usually good with 2 cups per day and then I actually get MORE tired if I get into the realm of 3. 

When I feel this happening I drink a big glass of water with lemon wedge. If I can get away from the computer I go for a walk in the middle afternoon to fight the 2/3pm slump. For me it's so much about making sure I'm taking breaks from the screen too rather than powering through.

I also noticed I need to get to bed earlier. If I'm up past 10:30 then I get a second wind. Then I stay up too late and then the tired cycle starts again the next day! 

For me I need to drink more water, take more breaks from screens, and get to bed 30 mins earlier! Hope that helps.

Sarah_E

I know this seems counterintuitive but waking up earlier can really help! You may need to go to bed earlier too, but it helps in time! Also yoga 🙂

I have rheumatoid arthritis so I might be an exception to most online. But, I've finally accepted that I need a 1/2 hr. nap every afternoon. As soon as I get up, I'm ready to take on the rest of the day and evening.