What’s your go-to healthy breakfast?

oaktownish
I’m getting burned out on eating the same things for breakfast usually:\n- Eggs with TJs everything bagel seasoning\n- rice cakes w cream cheese and smoked salmon\n- greek yogurt with almonds and honey\n\nI’d love some inspiration to broaden my horizons. What’s your go-to healthy breakfast?
18 REPLIES 18

Heather_C
Guide
Guide

Chiming in as a human, who also happens to be the dietitian here. 😉 I've been loving a trail mix oatmeal by Picky Bars (not sponsored, just a fan!), which is a hearty oatmeal mix with chia seeds, dried dates, seeds, etc. for a little extra boost. I usually top with some peanut butter, but that's just a personal preference! I also love their cinnamon apple oatmeal mix. I also do greek yogurt but usually add a granola, sliced almonds, and maybe some chocolate chips for a little something different in the morning! And last but not least, a quick pancake mix that I love (and has added protein), Kodiak Cakes. Those have been a few of my go-tos!  

great rec Heather! and bonus points for the chocolate chips 😍

Thanks for the inspiration @Heather_C !

NillaMarie

The other day I made this AMAZING “everything oatmeal”. The base was steel cut oats, chia seeds, and riced cauliflower (I swear you can’t taste it). And topped it with rasins/cranberries/dried cherries, apples, blueberries, honey&cinnamon. I LOVE oatmeal and eat it almost every day lol

86DCAAFE-BE2F-48B9-A2A3-25EA58C56AA5.jpeg

looks yum! 😍

Riced cauliflower!? I’d never think to use that in oatmeal, I’ll have to try it.

Marisa

I make a once over egg on a Cassava or almond tortilla by Siete (in the refrigerated aisle at Whole Foods). I top with raw fermented sauerkraut and hemp seed! and any leftover greens from dinner the night before

I sometimes use the low carb tortillas for my eggs. I just learned of cassava flour last weekend and want to try it.

I LOVE Siete tortillas!!! I use them to make breakfast burritos & my amazing enchiladas.

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

OMG these look great! My go to healthy breakfast is maple & brown sugar oatmeal (that's realistically my only flavor I'm enjoy. Then I add chia seeds, a scoop of PB or almond butter, and add a fruit. My faves are strawberries, blueberries, or bananas. My other go to's are yogurt and granola.. but my hands down favorite breakfast yogurt is Noosa!

If you feel like opting for more Mediterranean, sometimes I make an over medium egg with salt, paper, dried dill, and lemon over it. It's delish!

ABT

I am in a rut but I eat a whole wheat english muffin toasted with almond butter and honey on it almost every morning. 

Laxergirl9

I can be terrible sometimes with breakfast just because I start getting into work and become so busy I pick up a larabar. But when I make a conscious effort, these are some of the meals I’ll make:

1. avocado toast w/or w/out egg whites and Trader Joe’s garlic sea salt (I love this spice)

2. Smoothie with frozen fruit- berries, canned or frozen pineapple, almond milk, spinach, a little bit of honey, and sometimes I throw some oats in.

3. Chicken sausage and Toast. There’s a big frozen bag from Costco of these sausages and they are light and not greasy. 

If you haven’t tried it- The sprouted raisin bread at Trader Joe’s - called Ezekiel (might have spelled that wrong) for avocado toast is amazing!!!!

great rec @Vermontgirl that sounds great as a base for avo 🥑 toast—tagging @Heather_C here to see if it's gluten-free , since that's what I'm looking for

Their main products aren't GF, but they do have a GF option! 

AlixJourney

Here is something that I have been eating lately that has protein, healthy fats, healthy carbs and no added sugars:

Plain greek yogurt (I use 0% or 2% milk fat) raw almond butter or better yet Nuttzo (blend of 9 different nuts, organic) and a handful of fresh blueberries. Mix it all up with a spoon and yum, you won’t be hungry till lunchtime.

Shello

I love toast (I use Trader Joe’s GF bread) with a sliced hard boiled egg (layer this first so the yolk gets warm) sliced avocado, sliced tomato, an topped with broccoli sprouts ( you can grow your sprouts inside using Hamama Greens seed quilts. They are amazing an super easy to grow - just add water)  p.s. this is not an advertisement, just a product/company I love. Their radish and kale sprouts are also awesome! 

kathleenruns

I like overnight oats - oats, yogurt, almond milk, chia seeds and a protein powder.  I top with fruit, nuts and sometimes a little coconut.