Monday Affirmation: I listen to my body

AthletaWellTeam
Community Manager

Monday check in: Welcome new members! Here in AthletaWell we check in with you at the beginning of every week to set the tone together.

Coming out of a long weekend (hopefully) away from desks, we're focusing on our physical health in the workplace, wherever that may be. Are you looking at another week of working from home? Guide @Leada_M wants to know what you notice in your body when you work from home compared to an office. SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE > 

Later this month she'll be hosting an Ask Me Anything session where she'll be answering all your Qs about setting up an ergonomically-optimized workspace. In the meantime, what are you noticing? How does your body feel after a few days away from your workplace? Are you feeling the burnout from working at home in your living space?

Share your mindsets below that keep you resilient and keep you prioritizing your body's health at your desk.

3 REPLIES 3

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

This weekend my body told me I need more rest and to have more stress-free moments. Going into the work-week, I am trying to take more moments in the day to stretch and clear my mind for small moments of reset!

Valerie_C
Guide
Guide

@Vanessa love this!  One of my favorite ways to reset is the 5 things you can see exercise.  Have you heard of it?  It brings me out of my ruminating and spiraling thoughts and into the 5 senses.  Mayo Clinic has a great article about it here:

https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/5-4-3-2-1-countdown-to-mak...

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

I LOVE this! I noticed right when I got back from spending time with family over the weekend that I felt energized and less tired from work. I was looking forward to the days more! I took it easy physically, enjoyed the sunshine and laughs. It reminded me that these things are essential for my physical and mental health to be at the top of their game.