I'd love to hear your soup recipes!

lauren

While I LOVE to cook for others, I really cook for myself - it's my creative outlet and my favorite thing to do after a long day. I'm looking forward to Winter and cooking soups all the time. Do you all have a favorite recipe(s)? My favorite soup last winter was a Tortinelli Soup by Half Baked Harvest (see recipe here). I'm excited to get some ideas from this amazing community.

5 REPLIES 5

roshini
I just made my favorite cold weather soup tonight (even though it’s 80 degrees in Dallas!). It’s a lemon chicken orzo soup. The lemon takes it to another level… hope you like it!! https://pin.it/7phf5NE

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks Roshini! I'm a big fan of the lemon slices 🍋 @roshini 

molly
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love making soup (at least) once a week through the end of fall/winter. Here are some of my favorites from last year:

Wow!! So many ideas. Thanks so much, Molly!

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Butternut Squash + Fennel stew

gluten-free/ vegan

I'm making this tonight! Here's a photo of when I made it a year ago. I hope it turns out as good! Serve with warm cornbread 😍IMG_6651.JPGRoast butternut squash in oven.

sautee fennel, leeks until soft

add garbanzo beans

2 cups veg broth + water until consistency is to your liking

I use an immersion blender to puree ~1/2 the soup to make it creamy

I garnished with parsley,  hemp seed, and a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper

I know this isn't a very detailed recipe, but it leaves room for your very own magic! ENJOY.