Grounding: 21-Days of Body Awareness

allison_s
Guide
Guide

It's easy to get caught up in the idea that a "proper' meditation practice means sitting in an uncomfortable position for 10-20 minutes or being able to turn your brain off for a duration of time.

The truth is, meditation can be as simple as taking a few minutes to get present, to feel your body, to notice what you're thinking about, to focus on your breathing or to be honest about what you're feeling. It's less about the practice of "doing" and more about the awareness that happens from moment to moment or what I like to call, BEING.

Whether you're seated, standing, lying down or in another posture that feels right for you. It only takes a moment to get present.

For then next 21 days I want to invite you to take a step back from our traditional seated meditation practice and ground with me at least once a day for 1-minute.

There is no right or wrong way to do this, the goal is to just try it out! This Friday, I'll share with you some ideas on how to ground using body awareness, but over the course of the challenge, I'd love to connect with what feels right for you!

3 REPLIES 3

NillaMarie

Last night I was doing cat/cow stretches before bed and just took a minute to be present and really feeeel what I was doing in the moment, and it was great! 

That's amazing @NillaMarie!! Keep it up! It's amazing how 1-minute can make a difference. 

maryapatin

I need this and can’t wait for Friday. ❤️