Cultivating Calm In Times of Chaos

Frame_Gina
Featured Guest
Featured Guest
When the world feels unpredictable, when our thoughts and emotions overwhelm us it can feel disorienting, stressful and exhausting. We might feel unsure of what next step to take or how to respond in a way that is mindful and compassionate. In these moments I invite you to check in with yourself...
  • Pause for a moment
  • Take 3 deep breaths
  • Ask yourself "What needs my attention right now?"

From this quiet, introspective space we can listen to what our body, mind, heart needs and proceed mindfully. I invite you to journal what comes up and take note of what is calling your attention. 

Disclaimer: Even though you may receive advice/insight/ guidance from Frame therapists in written form in the AthletaWell Community, the licensed therapists are not considered to be your therapist. 

The Frame x AthletaWell community & hosted events do not in any way constitute psychotherapy (also referred to as “therapy,” “counseling,” “mental health counseling”) and you are not under the care of the licensed therapist or Frame Wellness Inc.

3 REPLIES 3

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

At the core, my biggest fear is failure when I'm overwhelmed. I think sitting down and taking those moments to organize my priorities and figuring out my plan of attack usually calms me down (sometimes I feel a little empowered as well). Thank you for the tips and journal prompt @Frame_Gina!! 

Frame_Gina
Featured Guest
Featured Guest

@Vanessa Beautiful reflection, Vanessa. We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to preform well, pausing to prioritize and organize our thoughts can certainly be helpful in avoiding overwhelm. 

Disclaimer: Even though you may receive advice/insight/ guidance from Frame therapists in written form in the AthletaWell Community, the licensed therapists are not considered to be your therapist.   

Valerie_C
Guide
Guide
Yes to this! When life feels chaotic I remind myself that I am doing the best I can in this moment. Self-compassion helps me shift my anxious mind into neutral. Journaling my emotions also definitely helps quiet my mind as it distances me from my thoughts and prevents me from spiraling.