Rest & Recharge • 4 min watch

Rest and Exercise Past Age 50

Karen_C
Guide
Guide

Want more fitness strategies past age 50? Guide Karen helps you get familiar with a cycle or rest and exertion to help you recover properly. How do you recover from physical activity?

6 Comments
Jojo3
Superuser

@Karen_C  Recovery for me is definitely walking.  I usually walk to up to the courts when I play tennis or pickleball then walk home.  I walk 9 or 18 holes when I play golf.  So on days I am not playing, I walk my dog.  Walking can be an easy stroll or jogging on the treadmill.  Walking is my go to!

Karen_C
Guide
Guide

@Jojo3  YES!!  I enjoy walking too.  It's really my form of mediation!  Plus, walking allows me time to enjoy my Audible books or favorite podcast. 

Jojo3
Superuser

@Karen_C - I am just starting with Podcasts, what are your favorites?  I started with the 9021OMG with Kelly and Donna- (Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth) they are hilarious!

Karen_C
Guide
Guide

@Jojo3 I feel like we were separated at birth lol - I LOVE that podcast.  I started when they launched it and have not missed an episode. The recaps are great when they have cast members that were on the show it's fun to hear their perspective.  I also listen to a Real Housewives recap podcast that cracks me up.  I do listen to a lot of Audible - main suspense.  Makes the time pass so much faster.   

Jojo3
Superuser

@Karen_C - I agree!!  I usually walk farther than I intended just to finish!!

ChrisHendren

I'm a walker as well, usually with my dog.  Hiking and golf are two other options when the weather cooperates.  I foam roll daily and use various balls for specific fascial release.  Steam showers and some self-care such as facials, manicures, pedicures and waxing occur regularly.  A good book and snuggling with my puppy in front of the fire works well too!