Margeaux_H
Guide
Guide

It’s not always easy to be consistent. Let’s keep it real life can get in the way and our focus can easily shift. Work, family, friends and numerous other things prevent us from finding time for ourselves. It can also become frustrating when we don’t quickly see the results we are hoping for and therefore you give up. Before you know it so much time has passed before you try again that you begin to feel like you are starting at square one and the idea of putting in the effort to take care of yourself can feel daunting. ⁠

mh.jpg

If you’re in that space of “How do I get back on my path?”⁠ (I'm feeling that way right now myself) take a few moments to reflect on what you were doing, why you were doing it and how you felt when you were showing up for yourself consistently in the past. ⁠

Showing up looks different for everyone so grab your journal and answer these questions for yourself.⁠ ⁠

Journal Prompts: ⁠

1. What does showing up for yourself look like for you?⁠

2. What prevents you from showing up for yourself?⁠

3. What do you need to do to create space for yourself?⁠

4. How do you feel when you are showing up for yourself consistently?⁠ ⁠

Whenever you are feeling like you fell off the truck and got run over on the road to success, this will help to make it easier to find your way back to making time for yourself a part of your daily routine.⁠

Mantra:  "I am choosing to show up" Happiness is a choice. We must choose it everyday and by showing up for ourselves we create the space to be happy.

Let me know in the comments below, which journal prompt guided you the most? What is blocking you from getting back on your path? How are you choosing happiness every day? Life can be hard, but together we can get through it ❤️

3 Comments
NillaMarie

Journal prompt 2 really got me thinking. I used to think I was my own obstacle, but after seeking help, I realized my depression had been clouding my judgment, decision making, and energy. I am trying to overcome the depression before anything else. Journal prompts like this really help me sit down and get to the root of everything

Margeaux_H
Guide
Guide

@NillaMarie Yes, that question is a  good one and the answer can change periodically.  So many times I have the best intentions and even a plan to keep me on course but ineviabtley something, someone, or even my own self gets in the way.  I like to do a regular check in to idenitfy the obstacles so, at least I can be more prepared  face them head on.  I myself have battled depression on and off when I was younger and totally understand how difficult it can be to overcome.  Good for you for identifying the root cause!  Wishing you all the best as you navigate through this. xx M

cbadarac

#3 is most helpful because it forces me to come up with and acknowledge an actionable solution