To celebrate Women's Equality Day, track and field star Allyson Felix connects with Power of She Fund Child Care Grant recipients, Elana Meyers Taylor and Kaleo Kanahele Maclay, to talk all things raising a family while pursuing your dreams. Here are their top 5 pieces of advice for navigating the journey of motherhood and staying committed to your personal goals:
1. You CAN do both: You don’t have to choose between your dreams or becoming a mother. You CAN be and thrive in both roles.
2. Find micro moments to pause: Whether at home with your kids, in-between moments in the car, or at work, find opportunities in your day to pause and just be present. Even for one deep breath with yourself. It can make all the difference.
3. Give yourself grace: Strong looks a lot of different ways.
4. Find your community: Seek out other women paving the path and succeeding in pursuing their dreams while being a mother. Seeing is believing, and what you believe you can achieve.
5. Lean into your support system: Let your pride go and ask for help when you need it.
It takes a village to not only raise a child, but to raise a mother, too. Watch the recording to hear more from these Gold Medal Moms and connect with fellow AthletaWell mothers (and moms-to-be!) in the comments below by sharing about your own journey with motherhood and pursuing your own goals and dreams.
Psst...Continue the discussion with other mamas by joining these groups: