When was the last time you took yourself out on a date?

Margeaux_H
Guide
Guide

I'm talking about a day or evening that you have planned for yourself, out of the house, which may include dinner or lunch alone in a restaurant (which I know can be hard for some) a movie, maybe drinks at the bar, or anything that feels fun for you.  This past Sunday was the first time in a while that I took myself on a date.  I spent the morning shopping, took myself to brunch, had great conversation with the girls at the table next to me.  Then I took myself to a movie had a few drinks and apps at the bar and chatted a bit with some people from out of town. While I am typically a very social person there is something about going out alone, enjoying a nice meal by myself, maybe meeting new people at the bar and simply reconnecting to the person I was before I got married and had so many responsibilities that feels refreshing. I remember a time when I would not be comfortable at all spending time alone and always needed to be surrounded by others.  This was a great reminder of how far I have come and how learning to enjoy your own company is a form of self love.  How about you?  Do you date yourself?  What does your date night look like?

paris-11-23-2021-anniversary-38_original.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

Sarah_E

right  now! I’m enjoying a quiet breakfast by myself before errands! Cheers

Are you out of the house?  Or are you having breakfast at home?  I am wondering when was the last time you planned a day out just for you?  

welllllll I wouldn't say it was a full day per say 😉 I went to Starbucks after dropping the toddler at day care and rather than rushing around the market with it, sat and enjoyed my sandwich and latte. I'm also much more of a homebody, so the time I do get to myself I spend at home and in bed 😉 but it's getting rarer and rarer and will only become rarer when baby #2 comes in few months!

Candee
It’s been a while.

Candee
What would you like to share...

Valerie_C
Guide
Guide
My dream self date: A cup of tea and a good book in a cozy chair by the fireplace. It doesn’t happen often but I had this moment last Saturday at a spa.

Sarah_E

ooh this is heaven! 

surfingob

This is one of my favorite things to do when traveling solo! So relaxing to have good food (that I didn't have to make) and a great book.