Morning person

NillaMarie

I really want to become a morning person but find it so difficult. I usually sleep until the very last minute and wake up super tired. Even when my body naturally wakes up, I can't bring myself to actually get up. I'd love to have a consistent wake up time so I can implement a morning routine

2 REPLIES 2

urania-quasar

I've been working on this too. I always get messed up if I find myself in a situation that requires me to stay up late. That's why I think bedtime is really key, because the second my bedtime isn't maintained, I'm waking up later or feeling really tired. I kind of wish the answer wasn't so straightforward and there was some tea or yoga practice that would just make it all work... but I don't think there is.

I use my phone's health app to map out my sleep schedule. It calculates when I need to go to bed in order to get 8 hours of sleep and wake up when I want to. Then it automatically sets up a "wind down time" reminder so I can start my nighttime routine. It's easy to just silence this... and that's when trouble starts. As long as I stick to the wind down time and get myself physically in bed before my designated sleep time, I wake up pretty refreshed at the time I want to. It definitely takes commitment and the ability to say no to that extra episode but once that hurdle is passed, it works pretty well.

LoriHomey

Have you tried the 5-4-3-2-1 method? Mel Robbins created it, uses it. When I'm struggling, not just with getting out of bed, it works. You train your mind to count backwards and just do it. There's a ridiculous source of videos on youtube and I think she has a book.