Winter routines!

Aleja

As the holidays are approaching, I want to stay fit. Any 30-min exercise routines recommendations for at home work outs for cardio and muscle building? @Chris_F @Dani_P 

3 REPLIES 3

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Aleja, this is a great time to try out new routines! Tagging our Guides @Chris_F and @Dani_P to see if they have any routine recommendations 

AnnieM

Jumprope! I use crossropes and half an hour is all I need. They offer speed ropes as well as weighted ropes so can you can focus on endurance or strength...or both! Free routines available via their app. Been jumping through COVID.  Had to start gradually as my cadence was dreadful but also got sore feet starting from nothing.

Dani_P
Guide
Guide

Hi @Aleja -- I love that you are starting to think about how you can make your workout routines more sustainable as we approach this crazy time of year. It's so easy to get lost in the endless to-do lists and our busy schedules, but even committing to 10 minutes of movement or mindfulness a day can make a huge impact in your health and wellbeing.

One of my favorite things to do when I'm low on motivation (or time!) is stack a few strength and cardio quickie classes together, re: 10min Cardio Quickie + 15min Legs + Glutes or 10min Cardio Quickie + 20min Arms, Chest and Core. I find that when I start with one quickie class, my energy gets a boost and I'm excited to do a second right after to layer on working different parts of my body.

Another way I like to change up my routine is by adding in mindfulness into movement. My signature mindful fitness practice, Come Alive, integrates low-impact strength work and cardio release with mindfulness practices to offer both a cathartic and energizing practice for the body and mind. Integrating somatic work and meditative pauses into my intense physical practices has completely changed the way I show up in my body and is one of my favorite ways to move.

I have tons of strength + cardio quickies as well as full length and shorter length (20-30min) Come Alive practices on my Alive With Dani app. There's a 7-Day FREE Trial as well, if you want to check them out live or on demand!