4 mo postpartum, getting back into exercise

Heather_C
Guide
Guide

Anyone else here easing back into movement/fitness and navigating that postpartum life? 🙂 This is my third kiddo, so I've certainly been in this space before and at least knew what to expect.  That said, each process has been really different for me!

There's just so much to consider between pelvic floor rehab/recovery (and/or surgical recovery), sleep deprivation, new schedules/routine/life to figure out, etc. 

So, I wanted to open up space for honest conversations about this process, and also for anyone who may be navigating it for the first time! It's humbling, and can be kinda fun and refreshing, too. Personally my preferred form of movement is running, so I'm finally easing back into that and it feels good! And hard. 😉 

2 REPLIES 2

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

BIg claps for you for wanting to get back into fitness 4m postpartum! I'm such an excuse maker, but this is so inspiring. Mom's really are superwomen!! I know you'll find you're rhythm and get into running. Rooting for you @Heather_C 😍

Sarah_E
Guide
Guide

I really appreciate you talking bout this as I'm prego with #2. I think I had a lot of expectations to be "back at it" with first, where this one I hope to give myself a whole lot more permission. Also can we applaud how you did a whole run without peeing yourself?! That's major goals for me! ❤️