CHOOSING to get cute for exercise

sotoalyssalol
WellPro
WellPro
Is it really all that silly and uptight to get dressed in a complete/comfortable active outfit for any workouts/activity in your day? Getting “too comfortable” in something baggy made me feel slightly slower in my physical routine. Although my push can be there, I needed to balance what made me FEEL like working out or getting some exercise in my day. It occurred to me that feeling my best physically can really be achieve with “treating myself” to a nicer look to for fill my workout. If I got dressed in an active outfit (if not head to toe then atleast shoulder to shoes!) then it made me push myself into completing a more for filling workout. The best part of this was that I was getting dressed for MYSELF. I picked my outfits to wear, I got to feel accomplished with my looks and I got to feel extra sweaty and fulfilled with my exercise! It’s a step worth taking if you feel stuck in a loop of uncertainty in your workout routine. DiscussionImage DiscussionImage DiscussionImage
6 REPLIES 6

Margeaux_H
Guide
Guide

I don't think it's silly at all, in fact I feel the same way.  When I treat myself to new workout gear I immediately want to go use it and take a class.  I also find that I am more confident in my workout and will push myself a little hardeer as well.  I'm a bit of a fashionista and like to look cute no matter what I am doing, but I do find that a great workout outfit makes me want to show up for myself in that space.

BB_A
Guide
Guide

I feel you! It's all about setting the mood! We do that when it's time to sleep, time to party, time to focus, time to be romantic. The outfit is an energetic cue to allow the rest of what you need to happen.  

I love putting on colorful clothes to work out! If it motivates you, go for it! 

Nichomi_H
Guide
Guide

I Love this! Some of my best workouts are when I wear any shade of pink, lol! Kudos to you boo!

Jojo3
Superuser

@sotoalyssalol - I AM this!!  Clothes can be confidence!!  Tennis, to me, was all about the outfit with exercise as a benefit!  I would get a new outfit and play my heart out.  If I lost, my positive was ' Well, at least I looked good.'  HAHA!  I think my mental health starts on the inside and how I feel navigates my day.

jj1

My fiance teases me about my EXTENSIVE workout wardrobe... but I agree, looking cute and feeling cute are great motivators!