AthletaWellTeam
Community Manager

031-HEATHER-0175 (1).jpg

“I hope to both support you and join you in exploring intuitive eating, non-diet nutrition, fueling for the movement or many movements that you love to do, and rediscovering freedom and pleasure with food.” - Heather Caplan

Heather (@Heather_C) is an anti-diet Registered Dietitian, founder of Weight Inclusive Nutrition, and podcast host located in Colorado. Her favorite ways to move are running, hiking, and carrying kids around. Check out the video below to hear more about Heather, her approach to food, and navigating your own relationship with food.

In Her Words:

• Three words to describe myself are... friendly, sarcastic, and curious
  • I feel powerful when... advocating for myself, writing, and heading out on a run 
  • My wellness interests are... movement, writing, non-diet nutrition, and self-expression

Read some of Heather's resources on nutrition:

INTUITIVE FUELING FOR MOVEMENT & EXERCISE WITHOUT FOOD RULES >

INTUITIVE EATING 101 >

You can learn more about Heather by checking out her website here.

2 Comments
aquagal49

Hi @Heather_C - I’m still a little confused on “intuitive eating” - I deal with sugar cravings so does this mean I should eat sugar when I feel that way? I’d love some tips or if you can share some resources I’d appreciate it 🙏

Heather_C
Guide
Guide

Hey @aquagal49 ! Thanks for your question. 🙂 I know that the ideas of eating intuitively can feel a little confusing when most of what we hear about nutrition comes with rules and rigidity. This is probably a more complicated question -- e.g. if we were working together 1:1 we could explore how often you're craving sugar, whether you're meeting your energy needs on most days, whether this happens around workouts or another "predictable" time of day, etc -- but the short answer could be an invitation to Yes, have some sugar if you're craving it! 

Some tips for continuing to think about this: how often are you craving sugar? how often do you honor that craving? do you notice this happens predictably / consistently, or more sporadically? what is your relationship to sugar/added sugars?  I could definitely explore this more in a full post, if that would be helpful! 🙂