Meditative Pilates

roshini
Hey everyone! Has anyone practiced meditation in exercises outside of yoga? I’m a Pilates instructor and am incorporating it into my classes. I’d love to hear anyone’s experience with meditation and movement!
5 REPLIES 5

surfingob

Hi there - I don't have any experience, but tagging AthletaWell Guide @Dani_P who will definitely have some insights.

Awesome, thank you!

Dani_P
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @roshini! So awesome to hear that you're experimenting with incorporating meditation into movement -- this is a foundational piece of my signature mindful fitness practice, Come Alive, and has been a huge part of my own healing journey. I would be happy to chat more about how I incorporate mindfulness and meditation into my movement practice, and if you want to check out my class via livestream, I am teaching tonight at 5:30pm PST which you can check out here.

You can also check out my on demand library of Come Alive classes here!

Excited for your new journey and to hear more 🙂

@Dani_P Hi Dani! I am absolutely loving your mission and passion for mindful movement! I would love to hear more about your approach. There are a handful of breathing exercises within classical Pilates itself, so I’ve started there as a guide while slowly moving into the whole classical series, incorporating intention and breathwork into a meditative flow. I actually teach my mind/body Pilates tonight but being on central time, I think I can swing taking your 5:30 PST tonight! I hope to catch you then and would love to learn more! Roshini

Dani_P
Community Manager
Community Manager

that sounds like a wonderful place to begin experimenting @roshini -- the breath is a powerful force. would love to have you in class anytime and feel free to message me to connect more if you'd like! xo