We're ALL new here - let's get to know each other!

AthletaWellTeam
Community Manager
Events_Lib_image2.jpg
Time for some community icebreakers! Introduce yourself and share—where in the world are you? What wellness topic do you want to learn more about? We're all ears! 
16 REPLIES 16

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm just north of San Francisco, and I'm eager to learn more about the connection between gut health, the gut microbiome, and immunity during next week's Gut Health Q & A with Dr. @Tiffany_L 

mmyogabeach

Hi @Marisa  and @AthletaWellTeam ! I'm also in California, and I'm looking for more information about mindfulness and meditation. People who meditate seem to say that it's the "secret sauce" so to speak, and I'd love to incorporate this practice into my routine.

@mmyogabeach welcome! do you already have a mindfulness and meditation practice? or are you just getting your feet wet? at any stage of the journey we're so glad you're here!

asparling1986
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! I’m Alta, writing in from Oakland, CA. I’m a new mom as ok three months ago, and hoping to connect with new and experienced moms on how to extend the ideal of wellness to my daughter. 

Hi @asparling1986- so nice to meet ya! Congrats on your new baby, that's so exciting (slash exhausting 😉). I'm also a new mama, my first just turned 1, so I can definitely relate. Let me know if you have any particular questions/struggles you want to talk through! 

Thanks, Martina! if you have any advice on how to transition to formula I'm all ears. I'm trying to balance ensuring my little one gets enough nutrients with easing off breast feeding before going back to work. Any tips?

Definitely! I'm not sure if you have already chosen a formula brand, but they aren't all created equal. It's not just about how MUCH of each nutrient is in there, but also the FORM of each nutrient to support absorbability + digestion. Two brands that I love are Bobbie and Holle.

I also recommend an infant probiotic, infant vitamin D drops, and infant DHA (fish oil) supplement to close any nutrient gaps. Dr. Elaina Roumell has a lot of great resources on specific supplement brands and amounts. 

This advice is based on my experience as a nutrition consultant (and mama 🙂 ) but definitely check with your pediatrician for things specific to you + your babe! 

❤️

@asparling1986 Welcome Alta! Keep your eyes 👀peeled here in AthletaWell for strategies for sharing wellness "values" with our girls early and often. You're in the right place 😍

Hi @AthletaWellTeam! I'm Martina, and I'm writing in from Kansas City. I'm looking forward to learning more about incorporating fitness into a busy life (especially with young kids running around!). I particularly ♥  yoga. Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Martina_Pezzino we're so glad you're here Martina! keep your eyes peeled 👀plenty of yoga coming your way on AthletaWell platform!

mrenold

Hi all! I live in Bozeman, MT but travel frequently to the Bay Area. I am also a new mom - my daughter is almost 6 months. I would love to find ways to maintain a regular meditation practice between the chaos!

Congratulations on your new family member. I too have daughter named Margot. She's now 4 months. One thing I do - if it's helpful - is use bedtime to wind down and find quiet time for my brain. Basically, when I put Margot to sleep, I let her fall asleep in my arms (I know some people advise against this) and take 5 minutes to do some much needed breath work. Try it the next time you put your daughter down.

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mrenold so glad you're here! you're in the right place. stay tuned 🙏

coachbeth

Hi! I'm in the Boston area, and a health coach, personal trainer, and nutrition coach. Prior to all things being about wellness in my life, I was a teacher, literacy coach, professor of education, educational consultant, and an anti-racism facilitator. Happy to be here!

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

@coachbeth welcome! I'm also originally from the East Coast AND I was a middle school teacher before getting into nutrition consulting and all things wellness. So glad our paths have crossed. We're so glad you're here Beth, and we can't wait to get to know you better!

mimi4064

HI, I am north of San Francisco and retired and am loving learning how to navigate this very comprehensive and interesting website.  I attended my first "Office Hours" chat session with Dani Parker.  Her insight was wonderful and renewing for me!  Thank  you, Dani!