Let's get to know each other! Introduce yourself here β€ŒπŸ‘‹β€Œ

AthletaWellTeam
Community Manager
Community Manager

AthletaWell is a safe place for women where we connect in conversation, movement, and shared experience to navigate our well-being journey. We’re at our best when we’re supporting and learning from each other. Plus, we have expert Guides to help guide the way.

Let's get started with some intros. Tell us about yourself or check out other people's intros in the comments below. Where are you from? What's your favorite way to move? What are you proud of or struggling within wellness? You might find a familiar story or meet a new friend.

After you’ve shared a little, scroll the homepage for more conversations, like posts and replies that resonate, or even start your own.

And finally, it's important to us that you know you are welcome here, no matter your goals or where you are in your well-being journey. At the end (and beginning) of the day, we all want to feel good in our body and our mind. We can’t wait to meet you.

- The AthletaWell Team β€οΈ

P.S. Make sure you bookmark the community link (https://community.athletawell.com) for easy access.

178 REPLIES 178

SNB

Hello, I am Shola. All the way in Georgetown, Guyana. I am interested in wellness and finding that balance in our daily lives. I was introduced to Yoga which I enjoy and stumbled on this after shopping the sales at Old Navy, Gap and BR. So I hope that I can continue on this journey with AthletaWell. Cheers!

sfgabi

Hi! My name is Gabi and I am a portrait and documentary photographer living and working in the Bay Area - more specifically, San Mateo, CA. I am an artistic soul and love to create. My favorite way to move is walking by the sea, hiking, yoga and swimming in the ocean. I’m very proud that one of my images from my β€œOur Care Workers” series was accepted into the β€œFace to Face” show at Arc Gallery & Studios in San Francisco! I’m glad to be here and look forward to connecting with other women and to tonight’s yoga πŸ§˜πŸ»β€β™€οΈ class with Our Curvy World!! 

Nessa82

Hello! My name is Vanessa and I currently reside in central Missouri. I am a mother of 2 and a child/adolescent psychiatrist. My true journey toward wellness began 4 years ago, shortly after the birth of my daughter, and at the culmination of residency/fellowship training. I cannot express what a large role Athleta has played in this chapter of my life. Clothing that allows movement in all aspects of my day...hospital, hiking, barre, walks with my children. And a company that I can take pride in supporting. As a woman, a mother and a physician...just so proud to be a part of this community!

Rosemanma

Hi my name is Melissa! I currently live in Southeastern Pennsylvania. I am part of a Commercial organization in Laboratory sales as well as owning my business in network marketing in health and wellness as well as a free lance makeup artist! I adore Athleta! I started incorporating the clothes into my running and workout routines! They have been with me every step of the way, every mile! Super excited to meet everyone and be a part of this group! 

tmholgren

Hi! I'm Tricia. I live in the Chicago suburbs and work in the city. Feeling super intimidated reading all of these posts as everyone seems to be a fitness guru of some sort. πŸ˜‰ I struggle with fitness and, now that I'm 50, that struggle is starting to show. I've never been a runner -- to many joint issues, including 5 orthopedic surgeries --- but I love to walk. I feel better about life when I get exercise, but the last several years have really just made it difficult to get myself out of bed in the morning to do it. Too much stress and not enough sleep. Hoping to find some encouragement to get myself going. Excited to join a community of women doing their best to meet the challenges we face today.

Tricia, I'm not superfit, either, so you're not alone! I gained a lot of weight over the past 10 years as a caregiver and neglected my own fitness and health. Additionally, I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, so have pain especially in the mornings and have to watch the amount of exercise I do and only gradually increase, but I have managed 6 bike workouts this summer and am back to 10 miles like I used to do 2-3x a week like clockwork. Like you, I also have to deal with stress and lack of sleep and am trying to manage so I feel like a group like this is bound to help. Onwards and upwards! Yay!

hi Tricia:

I love everything you've written. The struggle is real but I love the idea that you keep pushing forward - that's true strength!

SHoffmann

Hi. I'm Shannon, and I'm a teacher in NYC.  I've been dealing with Diastasis Recti for the last few years, which has complicated my wellness journey.  When I turned 40, I decided to make the next decade all about self-care, especially getting physically strong.  Four years in and I've had a lot of ups and downs but I feel like I turned a corner recently.  πŸ™‚   I'm feeling stronger and trust my instincts and my body more.  Onward and upward!

Your story sounds so much like mine! I turned 40 in 2020, and both the milestone birthday and the craziness of 2020 forced me to prioritize my wellness. I ALSO had diastasis recti and am so much happier with it and my general wellness now. Thanks for sharing your story!

ARI

hi Athleta: My name is Aparna Iyer. I am a psychiatrist; holistic in my approach and I work largely with women, and especially with moms (or moms-to-be). I am in Dallas. I'm not sure I have a single favorite way to move - I love them all! Right now, I work out with my amazing trainer who has helped me rehab my injured left shoulder, but I also love yoga and kayaking. I work with so many amazing people but I also hear a lot of hard stuff, so it's crucial for me to ensure I stay well so that I can be there maximally for both my patients and my family. It's a work in progress though, because life can get busy but if nothing else in 2020, it forced my hand to make my wellness a priority! 

AllyssaMB

Hi, my name is Allyssa and I’m a NASM CPT and certified yoga instructor. 

I have always been an advocate for physical fitness and overall health and mental wellness. I inspire my clients through an enthusiastic teaching style and challenge them to incorporate fitness into their daily lives.

I am a leader in strength and conditioning techniques but my first love is yoga. My passion is to guide and help clients improve their form, body awareness, and body composition. My knowledge of human movement and interest in corrective exercise and mobility is inspired by my own personal sport-related injuries. My desire to improve my own physical and mental health led me to become a certified personal trainer.

I have successfully helped my clients become stronger, healthier, and many have found a new joy in fitness. Learning that my students look forward to either training with me and/or attending my fitness classes has been the greatest reward and I want to share that enthusiasm with everyone.

You may reach me at abrizuela@blackhawkcc.org or at 510-890-1339 to schedule a free fitness assessment.

Shannoncamlin

Hi, I’m Shannon, and I live in eastern North Carolina. I was an English and creative writing professor for 12 years before getting laid off during the pandemic and switching to a career as a content editor in the financial industry. It’s my first week in my new job, and I’m loving it so far. I first fell in love with Athleta because I could find clothes like the Brooklyn ankle pant, which I could wear to the office and still be able to squeeze in a gentle lunchtime yoga class without having to change (which I didn’t have time to do!). I also love the soft fabrics because as someone with eczema, I sometimes have a hard time finding clothes that don’t make me itchy! I’ve always been able to find great options at Athleta that fit my particular needs. 

175694D9-1FB8-4234-9A62-526A92A54889.jpeg

 

MichelleM96

Hi!  I’m Michelle & I just moved to NE Florida (Jacksonville Beach) from California.  I’m training to become a software engineer.  I’m also learning to surf!  Looking forward to connecting with this community!!

LisaT090

Hello!  My name is Lisa and I am an IT Business Analyst in Minnesota.  I had brain surgery five years ago to remove a tumor and that launched my wellness transformation.  I have lost over 150 pounds and I am embracing a fit lifestyle!  I struggle with the abundance of wellness information out there and I am looking for accurate information and support.  Thank you for providing a forum!

CarenH-H

Hi My name is Caren. I'm a certified health and wellness coach working on my sleep coach certification. I'm passionate about the power of food on our health and skin.  I've been a wellness enthusiast for over 22 years and I have 2 great kids along with a wonderful husband and sweet bernedoodle. I split my time between the beautiful coast of Maine and Vermont. I'm currently not accepting new clients so that I can focus on family but I'm here because I love sharing my wealth of knowledge with other women! I've worn Athleta for years and when I venture away and purchase other brands I always find my way back here because the products are high performing and simply just fit really well! I also LOVE that Athleta is a B-Corporation. In my spare time you can find me hiking, mountain biking, cycling, paddle boarding, skiing and snowshoeing. I'm 54 years young and believe that we can all access the best version of ourselves when provided with guidance on how to nourish ourselves and engage in healthy lifestyle choices! So excited to learn and share in this community.

JodyM27

Hello Everyone - My name is Jody Miller and I am a Clinical Registered Exercise Physiologist with a private medical fitness/wellness practice (since 1990) in Maryland. I work in therapeutic exercise, fitness training, wellness and nutrition coaching. Happy to be part of this group!

EmaleeC

Hi! My name is Emalee Corbera. I’m a triple board certified Nurse Practitioner, nutritionist and personal trainer specializing in blood sugar management, from all types of diabetes to insulin resistance, body composition and weight loss. My company is Forever Fit Life and I am passionate about helping people gain control of and even reverse chronic disease. l’m in California! So happy to join this community!https://www.foreverfitlifeco.com/  

TeresaG682

I came here to find out what atheltanis doing about the BPA in our intimate clothing. I am not happy with the companies response. They need to do better. They need to admit it and tell us what they are going to do. I will no longer purchase or wear their clothing until they properly respond. 

Customer safety is a top priority for Athleta. Our Product Safety and Product Integrity teams are aware of the report and focused on ensuring all products are made to applicable safety standards.