Live Lower Body Strength and Q&A

Published on ‎09-06-2022 01:01 PM by | Updated on ‎09-16-2022 12:09 PM

Celebrate the end of our Revive to Thrive 5-day challenge by joining your community in a livestream lower body workout class designed to boost strength in your legs and glutes without the impact. Then, have your questions answered live by instructor Melody Z. Get advice on getting back into exercise, how to stay motivated, or anything else you need.

When:
Friday Sept. 16
9:30am PST | 12:30pm EST

Drop your questions in the comments below and attend the event on 9/16 for a chance to win an Athleta Shop Card!*

*To be entered to win, you must be a non-Gap Inc. employee, member of AthletaWell who attends the Livestream Event: Lower Body Strength + Q&A on 9/16. One winner will be chosen at random at the time of the event and will be notified via email by an AthletaWell Team Member.

Featured Guests

Will you be attending?

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Fri, Sep 16, 2022 09:30 AM PDT
End:
Fri, Sep 16, 2022 10:30 AM PDT
21 Comments
nwoodkfh

Working out during the pandemic with an injury was not easy.  And finding that menopause has changed my metabolism...and therefore, changed my body...has not been easy.  I need to boost my metabolism.  I am back at the gym and finding ways not to injure myself again.  (Herniated discs)  I need suggestions to working out and stepping up my metabolism.

I would like suggestions on how to prevent sore knees post workout.

JessNguyen

How do I address lower body strength imbalances between my left or right sides?

GoodbyeVal

What's the best way to track progress?

KBhorner

What’s your go to lower body workout that you can do everyday ?

Craftyrdn

What can be done if there is tightness on one side?

DoraF2

How do I strength my knees?

cbadarac

How often and for how long to recommend stretching after each cardio and strength workouts? 

mlacouline

Do you recommend stretching before exercise? If so, what are your favorite stretches? Thank you!

Peigi

I'd like to improve my balance. 

lcm

How to deal with bad feet (arthritis and surgery hardware) and trying to do plyometrics for lower body strength and agility?

Judychuang

Do you have recommendations for lower body exercises for toning your thighs  and sitting all day doing computer work? 

MicheleMK

Thank you for this 

GraceT96
I’m a figure skater, so I do veryyyyy high impact workouts over 3 hours long every day. It’s very hard on my lower back/hips/knees/ankles, and I’m hoping for some directions on strength exercises that don’t put extra strain on my joints, as well as aren’t too intense on the cardio since I have several chronic illnesses that would make adding on more to what I’m doing every day detrimental to my health until I can work up to it fully (a months-long process).
aat
what stretches should I do before and/or after doing strength exercises?
LunaLove

If you only had time for one lower body strengthening pose, what would you choose?

Yogofern

How long will the on demand video be available to view?

Akiss

I've had two open heart surgeries.  The last one was for two aortic aneurysms and two valve replacements.  I cannot over exert myself as I have another heart issue going on at this time.  I can do light activity.  Can I do this?  My last surgery was 18 months ago.

Mila

Suggestions on more efficient ways to get rid of lower belly