LIVESTREAM: Summer Yoga Flow with Margeaux H.

Published on ‎06-02-2022 05:01 PM by Guide | Updated on ‎06-20-2022 02:42 PM

Join Body Positivity Guide Margeaux House for a yoga flow designed for all levels to welcome in the longest day of the year. After you flow, stay tuned for a Q&A about life transitions and creating routines, how to get moving, and how to nourish yourself. There is also a giveaway* for those who drop a question below and attend the virtual livestream. Don’t miss out! 

When: 

Tuesday June 21 

3 p.m. PST | 6 p.m. EST 

Zoom:

https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82514162451

Submit your questions for the Q&A in the comments below and Margeaux will try to answer as many of them as she can.  

*One winner will be announced at the time of the LIVESTREAM: Summer Yoga Flow with Margeaux H. virtual event Tuesday June 21st, 2022. To be entered to win, you must be a non-Gap Inc. employee, member of AthletaWell who comments a question in the comment section on this post HERE and attend the virtual event on June 21st. The winner will be selected at random during the event and will be notified via private message on AthletaWell by an AthletaWell Team Member by 9pm PST on Friday June 24, 2022.

Featured Guests

Will you be attending?

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Tue, Jun 21, 2022 03:00 PM PDT
End:
Tue, Jun 21, 2022 04:00 PM PDT
50 Comments

I know it's hard to stay body positive when the world we live in promotes one body type, but I try to remember what I have learned through the practice of yoga " No 2 bodies are ever going to look the same in any asana and they are not supposed to."  I like to take that pov into my daily life and I only follow people on social media that promote positivity and light. Unfollow anyone who makes you feel negative about yourself.  

Minxmolotov

What is a good visualization technique for when you want to let go of things no longer serving you and welcoming more joy into yourself?  

I haven’t done a lot of heart-opening visualization work before.

fayamanda

Do you have any suggestions for getting back into a routine after a slump/travel/transition? I try to start small with just one aspect of my old routine a day to ease back into it but sometimes it's tough! 

LunaLove

Hi Margeaux,

What is your favorite yoga pose for the summer solstice?
Namasté

NancyL

Routines & how to get moving -- early retired not long ago and it's amazing how easily one can procrastinate or lack motivation to do stuff thereafter.  Tips?

Jesuisbeth1

How do you stay focused during your yoga practice if you're having a tough day?

thadadan09

How do I quietude mind with thoughts and things to do, while Im doing the practice? this is the hardest thing for me!

KBhorner

What time of day do you like to do yoga ?

awwa

Does your yoga practice change with the seasons? What are you favorite seasonal asanas?

Rhouser

Hi Margeaux! As an employee working on EST, I start my day at 11 AM and end around 7 PM. I usually find myself dragging by the end of the day. Would you recommend working out before work starts, or after? Thanks!

Mg1852

I’m trying to find my way back to exercise and fitness. Anyone have tips or things they love to help jumpstart moving your body?

Reenie

Some days I feel like I don't have enough time to fit everything in. Is it beneficial to split up a yoga session and do 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon.

Hi.  If you don't feel like you have an entire hour to dedicate to your practice at 1 time then maybe take a 30 min online class teice a day.  You could take 2 different types of classes. Maybe a more cardio focused class in the am and more of a wind down class in the evening.

joannypaul

I just moved across the country and quit my job. I am having a hard time adjusting to my new non-existent schedule. Do you have suggestions on how to create routines when you don't have a job to dictate your schedule? Thank you!

cejoyce2

Looking forward to this event! On the thought of nourishing yourself, I would love to hear your perspective on how/if this plays into sleep. I have been feeling drained lately and my husband also has a very hard time falling and keeping asleep. Are there any foods that would be good to prioritize? Thanks! 

mmgoet

Do you have any tips for maintaining a movement routine while also traveling regularly and feeling exhausted upon returning home?

Roseflowers

Very excited for the upcoming yoga class. What type of yoga is better for a beginner to get started?

klmaste

If there was one pose to focus on for the solstice which pose would you recommend? I can certainly make time for one pose tomorrow in case I can't attend the class. 🙂

Vbutturini

What are the best poses for chronic neck and shoulder pain? Thank you!

cbadarac

Do you change your yoga/fitness routine as patterns of daylight change throughout the year to support wakefulness and quality sleep (and if so, how)?