AthletaWellTeam
Community Manager

Simone Biles wants you to take care of yourself — mind, body, and with the occasional pizza. Earlier this month, we gave you, our AthletaWell community, the opportunity to ask Simone Biles all your burning questions. Now we're back with this exclusive, intimate look into Simone's world. We caught up with Simone at her home in Texas with her Mom, Nellie Biles, who led the conversation about mental health, gearing up for the GOAT tour, and more.

Here's what we covered:

- How Simone prioritizes her mental health and wellness (2:02)

- Simone’s favorite food (3:25)

- Advice from Simone when doubting yourself (4:10)

- What Simone looks forward to for her GOAT Tour (4:52)

- Plus, you don’t want to miss Simone answering rapid fire questions from her mom, Nellie (5:20)

Like Simone's outfit? She's wearing our Athleta Girl Hop Skip and a Jumpsuit.

Join in the conversation and become an AthletaWell member! AthletaWell is a new community dedicated to your well-being– built by women, for women. Learn from expert AthletaWell Guides, connect in honest conversation, and grow through shared experience in workshops, events and more.

Follow the steps below to sign up.

Step 1. Join AthletaWell by clicking the Join / Sign In link located at the top right of this page

Step 2. Enter your Athleta email account login or create one

Step 3. Then you’ll be prompted to create an AthletaWell username

Step 4. You're in! 

51 Comments
Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

So excited for this Simone interview to drop on Monday! 😍❤️

GoodbyeVal

omg her mom is so cute! please tell me she's in the interview too!?

j94mile

Yes!! Cannot wait! I'm a huge fan of her as a gymnast and an even bigger fan of what an amazing person she is!  💗

Dalubf

Hi Simone, What are looking forward to next on your journey? Love what you do btw. 💙

RVAScorpio77

Looking forward to the interview with Simone!

Kallen565

❤️

educatorsusan

What time will this be broadcasted on Monday, August 30th?  How long will it be for as I have a work obligation on Monday.

educatorsusan

made a mistake

nbruce

Can't wait 🙂  She is an inspiration to all!

Janice

❤️

Wonderful! Love the example she set for my young daughters. We were already fans but I love her even more for her courage and strength. 

SportyToo10

I want to know how she buys clothing? I am 4'10 and weigh 85lbs. It is a little easier now, but when I was her age and weighed 105, 10% body fat and muscular, it was difficult. Pant legs were too tight. I have a short waist like her. Small busted. She must have most things altered.

Tarnise

How much has ADHD affected your mental health and gymnastics journey. 

Moe

Simone is an inspiration to so many. Her determination pushes me to do better all around. Can’t wait to read the article! 

Callen

Looking forward to the future sessions 

Emgrasperge

❤️

Smitty

Love all that you do and stand for Simone. I too would like to know where you shop for your clothes. I am 4'11" and 100 lbs and hard to find things that fit. Look forward to your video. 

Bdayj70

You are amazing! Love watching you in competitions. 

PetraCifra

I’m eager to see this interview!

LoveNature

Beautiful mom and daughter! 😁❤️❤️

bardeb25

What time will this be on Monday? My daughter and I are big gymnastic fans (my daughter did gymnastics years ago through high school), and we especially follow Simone and have such respect for her.

Neash

I have the same ? What time Monday & can I sign up for an invite link/zoom/google link to watch so that I get alerted? Thank you! 

famglam413

So excited for this interview!

AlixJourney

❤️Wow, what treat! Can’t wait!

Lisa8

Love her! Inspiration!!

RVajdic

So excited for this interview!!! She is such an awesome athlete and competitor!!!! I’m a huge fan of hers!!!!

Simone's talent and courage are an inspiration. Excited for me and my daughter to listen in! 

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Neash @bardeb25 @educatorsusan,

The interview will be posted on Monday, it is not a live interview so you can check it out when you have time! Those who liked/commented on this post will be alerted when Simone's interview is dropped. So excited to hear how Simone has been doing ❤️

CW

Love her❤️

LucyB

As an Athleta customer, I was delighted to see Athleta was to be a new sponsor of Simone Biles.  She is a gold medal winner and world record holder and I salute her mature decision to not compete to protect her mental and physical health.  Looking forward to this interview!

LizSipley

What a treat to have Simone here!  I'm not sure if you're still taking questions, but as a former college gymnast, I would love to know what her favorite skill was to practice/compete.  And if she had and pre or post meet rituals.  Thanks so much!

Amyeliese

I am so moved by how beautifully Simone weathered a very private experience in such a public setting.  She is such a brave person.

Canary

This is Super Cool!  Anxiously awaiting 🙂

pamk

I LOVE Simone Biles!  Bring it on!!!

ColoradoNana

Excited for the interview. Simone is wonderful and strong in so many ways. Congratulations to her!

Katha

Can't wait ❤️! Will it be available on demand (will be watching from Austria in Europe) 🙃

milbearry

I started shopping at Athleta because of Simone ❤️

Taïssa971

❤️

laura11

Can't wait for her interview! She is such an inspiration!

MichelleH2D

She is amazing! My niece and I can't wait  to see her on tour this fall. 

S-A

Can't wait to watch the interview! ❤

jl

Waiting (Im)patiently to see Simone's interview

Valerie_C
Guide
Guide

Such a fantastic and authentic interview.  Loved her self-care tip to “take more naps.”  Sleep doctor approved, 100%. 

Rachel_M
Guide
Guide

This is awesome. Simone keep paving the way for mental health and relating it to every day people. Life is our sport and we need leaders like you who can encourage us to speak out! 🙏 Love the video and that it's with your mom!

Tiffany_L
Guide
Guide

This was fantastic! Loved seeing Simone's personality shine and her sweet mama!

AlixJourney

This was wonderful!! Yes, Simone is human and sometimes we are fragile and vulnerable. She is immensely courageous, I just love ❤️ her! What a great role model for women and girls! I want to send a shoutout to the team running Athleta’s marketing / community…I don’t know who you are but your messaging, inclusion, grace, content is top notch! You embody so many things that I stand for and I just wanted you to know that! Thank you!❤️😊

L O V E  Simone and her realness. Thank you for being relatable, normalizing mental health and someone all women and girls can look up to. 🙌

DevonCraig

What a great conversation! Do you have any additional resources for mental health that you coud share?

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Did you catch Simone answering your questions in the interview?! In case you missed it...

@Caleyorwin Find out Simone’s go to self-care tip (0:51).

@asparling1986 See what was going through Simone’s head when she decided to pull out of the Olympics (1:09).

@mimi4064 Check out how Simone keeps healthy holistically (3:05). 

@audvocado6 Listen as Simone gives some great advice on how to be consistent (3:43).

This interview is EVERYTHING! Be sure to let me know how you liked it!! 😍

Alex_B

Loved this interview so much... Her mom did an amazing job with the questions and I love how honest Simone was.