What does aging mean to you?

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

I recently turned 31 and as a millennial I see a funny but alarmingly large amount of peers complaining that their back feels like its a lot older than they are.. and I can't help but take a moment to educate them on why age doesn't mean you have to be in pain! Even though MRI findings can come back with words like "degeneration," "rotator cuff tear," or "arthritis", these don't always indicate something is painful. Personally, I've always felt a little younger than my peer group but moreso lately I've made the mental commitment to giving my body what it needs to keep thriving despite what time can bring. I've surrendered to the fact things won't look as pretty if I were to ever get imaging done on my spine/shoulders, etc, but I'm fully ready to prepare my body to enjoy life to the fullest despite this. 

Is there anything about your body/self that makes you nervous or excited about aging? Anything you tell yourself not get overwhelmed by the typical narrative?

P.S. Here's an article I was interviewed in on aging and staying fit! Check it out Here.

4 REPLIES 4