Mid-week check in: Advice to your younger self

AthletaWellTeam
Community Manager

Welcome back to you. 

Here at AthletaWell we take a mid-week check in to ask—How are you? Do you realize how far you've come?

Looking back, what advice would you give to your 20-year-old self, or your 45-year-old self, or an earlier version of you? What could you tell her?

We love to hear your experience in the comments below!
7 REPLIES 7

NillaMarie

I would tell college me to remember what really matters: family & God, my goals, and myself. I was too distracted in college and not focused. I learned a lot of lessons the hard way and though I’m at a good place right now, its been a long road to get here.

oaktownish

Advice for my 20 year old self: don’t waste you’re energy in relationships that don’t fulfill you. If a friend or partner doesn’t fill your cup let them go. Be more assertive in your plans, be your own champion when advocating for what you need personally and professionally. Keep dreaming, working hard, and never stop learning.

This!! I definitely spent too much time spent in relationships that were just there and not beneficial to my growth. 

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

This is wonderful. I would tell my 20 year old self to stop comparing my life and career timeline to others. I would say to take a moment and appreciate all the ups and downs I've encountered in my school/relationship life... because every one of them is necessary to get to my end point. And it's worth waiting for!

Completely agree. While it’s a fun mental exercise to imagine what would be different, I’m the person I am now because of going through all that… and I’m pretty happy with myself these days 😁

MamaCook

I would tell my younger self to put your happiness first before others, and if someone doesn't like that then they aren't someone you want to be around. 

CarrieFit

Dear 20 year old me:

You are so much more than the body you carry around. Notice Who You Are and Why You Matter on this earth. The work you will do is vital to other women. And the work they bring to you will enliven your spirit.