Meatless Monday Recipes for Earth Day

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Last April for Earth Day, I planted a garden with lettuce, spinach, and herbs + shopped at local farmers markets to live a little greener. After reading this article from One Tree Planted, I think I want to try Meatless Mondays this year.

Does anyone have meatless recipes that are filling? I feel good on breakfast and snacks, but worried that I'll be left feeling hungry at lunch and dinner without the protein. Thanks for the recommendations!

5 REPLIES 5

NillaMarie

If I eat out I like to get chow mein, veggie eggrolls, and garlic green beans (sometimes egg foo yung or scallion pancakes). Super filling and meatless!

surfingob

I really like the frozen falafel from Trader Joe's for a quick lunch. They are a little bit dry so I use a lot of hummus. 🙂 

Leada_M
Guide
Guide

I love it! Honestly, growing up, rice has always been a main dish for me. So sometimes I pair it with a stew. Lentils, kidney beans, greens, and other non-mean proteins are always helpful to feel full!

I grew up with rice as well! Beans are a super food and I eat several kinds in different meals including soups. I do have to limit rice intake as I have type 1 diabetes but replacing white rice with brown rice makes a substantial difference on my glucose profile. I do most of my own cooking so I know what is in my meals although that may not be practical for a lot of people. Regardless, it is always important to make good food choices. Thank you so much for your post, it made me hungry for the meal you describe😊

Elizabeth13e

Meatless Mondays sounds great, Vanessa. This site has a lot of filling recipes: https://www.veganricha.com/    Also if you go to the PETA site --> Living--> Recipes--> See All Lunch and Dinner Recipes (Linda McCartney's deep dish pie, oh my!!!).  I love sharing meatless recipes!