Looking for self-study/growth book recommendations

cheletayl

Hello all and thank you for this platform.  I'll be leading a personal growth section of a yoga and health retreat in November.  My go-to book recommendation for the first dive into personal growth is usually The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.  I'm just wondering if anyone might have additional recommendations that would work with an hour or so per day discussion over the course of four days.  Thanks! Michele from St. Louis

5 REPLIES 5

Margie
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Four Agreements is fantastic! I absolutely loved Glennon Doyle's Untamed. I'm not sure how it would translate to a daily discussion unless you read ahead and then find different themes each day, but it really resonated with me.

I like The Source by Dr. Tara Swart

MeredithE

I love the Four Agreements too and am excited to see what others share on their lists.  I'm in need of some good reading.    

CarrieFit

Oh yes! The Four Agreements is essential! I would also say "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle leads the way to present and engaged living, which changes everything.

KrisRae

E21C7F6C-E681-42F1-A3E0-6A1A990EE17B.jpeg

I highly recommend The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown, a research professor who studies human vulnerability, empathy, shame. and courage.  Her book—a NYT bestseller and one of Forbes’  “Five Books That Will Actually Change Your Outlook on Life”—is an extraordinary exploration of how our sense of self worth connects to these four concepts. Brown may be a professor, but her writing doesn’t feel academic—more like a friend chatting with you over coffee. Check out her TED Talk on “The Power of Vulnerability,” too.