Food Is Love and I Love My Body...Recipe Share

Margeaux_H
Guide
Guide

Happy Monday! One of the ways I like to show my body love is by the food that eat and making mindful decisions isn't always easy so I am continuously in the kitchen testing out new things and I am sauce girl for sure! I mean who doesn't love something creamy and flavorful to smear on just about everything? But wow can they add unwanted calories or fat. Over the weekend I created a yogurt sauce that is the perfect addition to just about any roasted or grilled veggie. I have been using it with grilled cauliflower and it is amazing. I thought I would share.

Do you have any yummy ones you'd like to share as well? Please drop them in the comments below...I can't wait to try them out. 

Untitled design (20).jpg

Recipe:

In a food processor or blender combine the following:

1- 7oz container of a good plain non fat Greek yogurt

2 cloves garlic

2 tablespoons Frank's Hot Sauce or Hot sauce of your choice

Juice of 1 lemon

Pinch of Salt

Pinch of Pepper

1 teaspoon Oregano

1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika

Blend until smooth and creamy.  Transfer to a squeeze bottle or container.  When you plate your veggies do a drizzle on the bottom of the plate so you can drag each piece through a little bit of heaven before each bite.

10 REPLIES 10

Vanessa
Community Manager
Community Manager

You are talking to a fellow sauce girl!! This looks BOMB @Margeaux_H, and I loveee cauliflower.

Chimichurri sauce has had my heart lately (pesto is a CLOSE second). You can use it as a marinade, as a sauce, or as a base to cook with (instead of using butter/oil, I use chimichurri to cook my eggs in). I got this recipe from @ nuocmamafoods on Instagram:

Recipe:

1/4 cup finely chopped parsley (leaves only)

1 TBS finely chopped cilantro (leaves only)

2 TBS finely chopped red onion

4 cloves finely minced garlic

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1 tsp chili flakes

1/2 tsp ground pepper

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 cup olive oil

1.5 TBS red wine vinegar

1 tsp lemon juice

Mix well and taste to adjust. Let it sit for 20 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated if not used immediately. Before you use, let it sit at room temp for 20 minutes.

YES!!!! Love Chimichurri but have never made it.  I am totally putting this on my list of things to make this weekend.  Thanks for sharing!

I like tzatziki sauce as a dip for my vegetables. Healthy and easy to make. 

1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped cucumber, preferably seedless

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Margeaux_H and @Vanessa ! Since we're sharing about SAUCES...here's a step by step video I made a while back for PESTO!. This one is vegan (I don't like cheese in my pesto) and uses hemp seed instead of cheese for that nutty umami flavor! The recipe is a bit "summery" but I think pesto is year round if you ask me!

I love pesto and have alot of basil to use in the garden so I am going to give your recipe a try.  Appreciate the share!

Marisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

so nice you have a garden! what else do you have in there? I don't have a garden and would love to get started 🌱

I actually just grow all of my herbs in my Brooklyn backyard...it is an urban garden 😉  I have mint, thyme, basil, rosemary, oregano, parsley and then all of my flowers.  Roses, hydrangeas, hostas, bleeding hearts and many others.  I love the Spring and Summer months it is my morning mediation to get up early and see how everyone is growing and water all my babies. 

fbnutrition

Cashew Cheese 3.jpg

I'd love to share my recipes for Cashew Cheese! You can serve them as a sauce or use as a dip.

Everybody loves a cheese sauce but sometimes they may be difficult to digest. Others are made out of less than healthy ingredients.

I've included the recipe for a classic cheesy flavor, roasted red pepper, and green onion variations. So easy to make and they are vegan. Find them here. Enjoy!

~ Jennifer

This looks delish! I am one of those people who doesn't do well digesting dairy, so I appreciate you posting a great cheese alternative recipe that isn't too difficult!

Wow this sounds awesome...and your pic is fabulous...love the layout of the platter design it's so colorful.  I have only had cashew cheese once and I have to say it was pretty good so I am looking forward to trying yours.  I will keep you posted when I make it!  Really appreciate you sharing! xx Margeaux