Do you ever stop and say "Thank You" to your body?

Margeaux_H
Guide
Guide

Like many others I found myself gaining weight during the pandemic and have been having a really tough time getting back to pre-covid weight.  Over the last few months though I have been finding a groove and have finally been letting go of those pesky lbs.  Today while on a bike ride in the park I was struggling to get up this crazy hill.  For a moment I found myself criticizing myself in my head that this was difficult for me, "It wouldn't have been this hard before".  But then I thought let me change this narrative and verbally out loud say "Thank You" to my body for getting me up the hill at all. In that moment I was able to gain some perspective on all that has happened over the last 18 months and find gratitude that I am physically well and was showing up for myself.  Does anyone else have these discussions with themselves?  How are you changing the narrative?

5 REPLIES 5

Dani_P
Guide
Guide

I love this perspective so much @Margeaux_H ❤️ it's so easy to be hard on ourselves in moments that don't measure up to how things were or what we wish could be...I'm constantly humbled and working on finding grace with the fact that our bodies show up differently every single day. Finding gratitude in every small step and breath has really changed my relationship with my body and the way I show up in my life.

danielle
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am trying!!! Thanks for sharing this story - it's a great reminder that our bodies are truly remarkable for carrying us along this life.

Alexandra36

I have to repeat similar affirmations to myself every day! 6 months postpartum with my second child and I have to tell my body “thank you” and “it’s OK if you have to rest today” instead of working on my fitness, reminding myself of a greater purpose in motherhood. Thank YOU for always sharing your honest (and reassuring) thoughts regarding body positivity!

@Alexandra36 Yes to the affirmations.  I never believed in them until about 5 years ago but boy do they work.  What we tell ourselves in our minds is truly what we believe and how we speak to ourselves really matters.

these affirmations are so powerful! today I let myself sleep in later than usual...thank you for sharing about rest @Alexandra36 @Margeaux_H